Do you eat quickly or slowly?

Local time
1:18 PM
When it comes to eating, do you usually finish your meal quickly or are you more inclined to take your time?

I am a fairly slow eater. Everyone else usually finishes their meal before I do, and it happens every time. it always amazes me how anyone could eat so quickly. I also tend to enjoy my meal more when I take my time with it.

I wonder if the way we eat, whether quickly or slowly, affects how the food is metabolized. I believe it does. It may also have an effect on the digestion of the food.

They said that we should eat slowly and in a relax manner in order for us to have proper digestion. I think it is true because I myself also eats slowly. But there are some instances wherein I cannot avoid being in a hurry like for example when I am already late for an appointment wherein I eat quickly rushing to things afterwards and I noticed that I feel different. That is why when eating we should be free from stress and worries and we should eat just only eat and do not think many things and chew your food well and you will be satisfied to the foods that you ate.

I tend to eat slowly when I'm at home.
It's different though if I'm on the road and very hungry, but I find listening to your body very useful in these situations and on the road I need the calories, at home I can take my time over it.

i try to eat slowly,but during the week seem to eat fast,i tend not to chew as much as i should!

It depends on whether or not I'm hungry. If yes, you can bet I'm wolfing down my food like no tomorrow. If I'm not hungry then I'll just scarf it down :D

This is funny, because I eat so slowly that at least 50% of the time in a restaurant, a server will come along and try to take my plate away when I am still eating. My husband eats so quickly though, he could get through two plates in the time I'm half through one.

I eat too fast. I am always in the fast lane even when it comes to my eating. I know it can't be good. It's something one or two have commented about suggesting I relax. When I used to travel more for my retail business, it was a lot worse as everything was hustle, hustle.

This is funny, because I eat so slowly that at least 50% of the time in a restaurant, a server will come along and try to take my plate away when I am still eating. My husband eats so quickly though, he could get through two plates in the time I'm half through one.

This sounds very much like my experience too. A waiter in the restaurant would be clearing away plates from the table and assume I am finished too, when I am still trying to finish off a meal. No, eating fast is definitely not one of my strong points. It is also for this reason that when I am eating out with others, I try not to put too much on my plate at one time. It really does not depend on whether or not I am hungry either, since hunger does not stop me from taking my time with eating.

I take my time. As a child it was instilled in me to thoroughly chew my food before swallowing it. There are a number of reasons why this is a good idea, and it's a habit I am happy I have. Taking your time to enjoy your food also allows you to savor the experience of dining instead of just wolfing down whatever food without tasting it.

I'm in the middle. I don't wolf my food down but I do like to get it all eaten before it gets cold. Eating too fast gives me indigestion anyhow, but at the same time, I don't like to eat slowly either.

I have a friend I go out to eat with often, she is from a family of nine kids, she eats much faster than I do, I always tease her about how fast she eats. She said in her family if you didn't eat it quickly it was taken from you. I am an only child so no one was taking my food, I eat slow.

I usually take my time eating so that I can enjoy my meal. I want to be able to taste each bite and figure out what ingredients are in it. My family says that I like to inspect my food, because I guess I look at it too much. It is not that there is anything wrong with the dish, I just love to cook and so naturally I like to admire another person's work I guess.

Very quickly. Just a habit of mine, always been like that and always will be. It's great when in a hurry but not so amazing when having dinner with friends who eat SLOOOOWLY. :D

Very quickly. Just a habit of mine, always been like that and always will be. It's great when in a hurry but not so amazing when having dinner with friends who eat SLOOOOWLY. :D

Oh my god people who deliberately eat slowly are the WORST. My mum ALWAYS complains about not getting enough to eat when she goes out to events but that's because SHE'S TALKING TO EVERYONE THERE INSTEAD OF EATING!!!

Back
Top Bottom