Do you have an easy simple pudding recipe?

pinkcherrychef

Local time
7:18 PM
I decided I want to make pudding purely from scratch. That means no gelatin packets or stuff like that. Just pure old fashioned main ingredients. I've looked every where but I can't find one that doesn't have gelatin or one that is not all purely made from scratch. If someone here knows the secret to make the best tasty pudding I hope they can share. I would like to make more than one flavor of pudding so if there is a simple pudding recipe you know of. and easy directions that I can make multiple flavors of please do share :).
Thanks for reading and sharing.

Sort of need to know what you mean by a pudding! This word covers so many different things everything from steamed sponge puddings or rice puddings to delicate custards.

I had a recent sweet craving and made what is titled as butterscotch pudding. It was more of a caramel flavor to me, but was still very good. It was simple, quick, and satisfied the craving. They also have a chocolate pudding recipe, as well as many others if you search for "pudding."

I had a recent sweet craving and made what is titled as butterscotch pudding. It was more of a caramel flavor to me, but was still very good. It was simple, quick, and satisfied the craving. They also have a chocolate pudding recipe, as well as many others if you search for "pudding."

This is a lovely easy recipe but it calls for evaporated milk. I'm not sure whether this will be available in Egypt.

This is a lovely easy recipe but it calls for evaporated milk. I'm not sure whether this will be available in Egypt.
Actually I have seen evaporated milk and condensed sweetened milk in the stores before. You have to go to specific types of stores for it though. So I might actually try that recipe :)thank you for being concerned about the ingredients

I thought it would be readily available there since it doesn't require refrigeration.

Sort of need to know what you mean by a pudding! This word covers so many different things everything from steamed sponge puddings or rice puddings to delicate custards.
Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to types of puddings lol. I hope these pictures will help give you an idea of what type I want to make.
I don't know the name of this type sorry >.<
6886ad66-f5c6-4851-9e40-02f4182cab4d.jpg
homemade-vanilla-pudding_6101.jpg

These are chocolate and vanilla pudding but I would like to make all types of flavors of this type of pudding

I thought it would be readily available there since it doesn't require refrigeration.
There are lot of normal everyday things that you can find every where else in the world but can't find in Egypt so it's hard to say what Egypt has and doesn't have sometimes. Things change over the years to so sometimes we will have it and sometimes we won't lol.

OK - I think this is probably the American definition of a pudding. In the UK it covers a much wider field. @medtran49 's recipe sounds perfect for this type of pudding!

You can make a simple pudding like this by simply using milk, eggs, sugar (or other sweetener) . Or even simpler by using milk, sugar and cornstarch. Then add cocoa powder for chocolate flavour, vanilla for vanilla flavour etc.

OK - I think this is probably the American definition of a pudding. In the UK it covers a much wider field. @medtran49 's recipe sounds perfect for this type of pudding!

You can make a simple pudding like this by simply using milk, eggs, sugar (or other sweetener) . Or even simpler by using milk, sugar and cornstarch. Then add cocoa powder for chocolate flavour, vanilla for vanilla flavour etc.
Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom