Do you have any New Year's resolutions?

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
2:30 PM
Does anyone make New Years resolutions, food or otherwise?

I have never bothered in the past, always felt that if you want to change something in your life then you should just do it no matter what time of the year it is, however, things are different.

This year has been busy and at times very stressful, I am still mourning my mum and my hormones are all over the shop as a result I weigh more than I ever have and have lost interest in exercise. Next year is a big year for us so I am determined to lose weight and be fitter and healthier.

So, anyone else have any resolutions/goals for next year?

Last edited by a moderator:
I made one decades ago, to never make any!

I may have to break that one because this year (coming) I need to shed the weight I've put on recovering from my 2 month stay in hospital with double pneumonia. That extra weight has to go. But it won't start until hubby goes back to work on the 8th.

Some that everyone makes, but usually fail to keep..
Get more exercise
Eat healthier (that's a challenge if you're in this forum...:):):laugh:.

One that I will definitely keep....
Visit my granddaughter as often as possible !!

@Dados1950

Visiting you grand-daughter as often as possible sounds like a great plan ..

On the basis that most people's New Year resolutions involve eating/drinking less and exercising more, I have come to the conclusion that their main purpose is to diffuse the guilt of Christmas excesses: "oh, go on then, I'll have a bit more. Doesn't matter, the diet starts in January" :D

We are on a mission to finish off the last few bits and bobs.

I believe that it is not always what one eats, but the time of day it is eaten and the combinations involved .. For example: Avoiding proteins with starches .. It is wise to eat your fats early in the morning so one burns the fats .. and most important, light eating at night and predominately vegetable based .. For example, Hummus or Babaghanuj ..

And the amount of physical exercise one does. Speed walking, cycling @ gym, or cycling outdoors, sports etcetra ..

Good luck to all those who need to shed a few kilos ..

Last edited:
I've stopped to make or think about New Year resolutions because I'm still making those of the last years...about two years ago my life has been changed unespectly due to several matters and I look and think at my things everyday. For me is only a "to be continued" what I'm still doing and what I'm trying to do in my best way.

I made one decades ago, to never make any!

:laugh:

One that I will definitely keep....
Visit my granddaughter as often as possible !!

The single, most important thing that you can do. :bravo:

Back on topic - my resolution is to walk more. Simple as that. It shouldn't be difficult as I frequently don't go outside the house for days on end - so even a few steps a day will fulfil my goal!

:laugh:

Spend more time with my 86 year old saint of a Mother.
Spend at least 2 hours each day on cleaning the house. :eek:
I realize that I have turned into a fussy, old nag. Not a nice realization. I will bite my tongue. Speak softly and kindly. Think before I open my mouth. Always say "I love you" to my loved ones. You never know when those will be the last words they hear from you.
Bake bread!!

Wishing you all the very best - peace of mind, love in your heart, family and friends, good health. Let's not forget - good eats.

Back
Top Bottom