Do you know your fruit from your vegetables?

I got 50% correct. When I reviewed the scores I got into the conclusion that maybe their basis for calling something a fruit is if it matured from a pollinated flower. In this case an aubergine, cucumber etc are considered fruits although most of us call them vegetables.

I am the worst ever. I only got 50% right but this is not a shock for me since I am not really a fruit or vegetable person. I wish was, though. My sister is a newbie vegetarian and has always been pushing me to give it a try. Soon, if the doctor insists. Lol.

I got 50% correct. When I reviewed the scores I got into the conclusion that maybe their basis for calling something a fruit is if it matured from a pollinated flower. In this case an aubergine, cucumber etc are considered fruits although most of us call them vegetables.
somewhere deep in the depths of the veg or fruit forum there is a thread that goes into this distinction. It also points out that they are looking at the botanical definitions not the culinary definitions, so just to confuse things, like you say, botanically they are fruits, but culinary they are vegetables! So you are right both ways because they have not made the botanical/culinary distinction!

Oh - and I am not saying how many I got correct!
angel.gif

I got 50% sweetcorn was a surprise.

Back
Top Bottom