Do you like pizza?

Pizza dough is one fo the few things that I am rubbish at making. I never make pizza at home. I also cannot abide frozen pizzas as they taste like cardboard. I do love pizza from Pizza Hut though. If the buffet is open, then I will try all the different pizzas. If I am ordering an individual pizza, I usually choose deep pan with jalapenos, spicy beef and pepperoni.

I like pizza but I don't like to have it all the time. When I do get it the way I like it though, I like to have it one of two ways. The first way is with a bunch of meats minus the ham. The second way is to have the cheese pizza with double the cheese.

My favorite pizza is the chicken, bacon, artichoke pizza that Papa Murphy's sells. I am really sick of traditional pizza so this one is a little new and different. It seems as though pizza is the default food choice at most casual get togethers these days.

Pizza is one of my favourite take-out foods. I go for take-outs once a week, and only yesterday I had this for lunch. I find it to be very filling so I do not need anything on the side to go along with it. My favourite pizza is one topped with cheese, bacon and pineapple, along with the tomato sauce.

I like both thin crust and deep pan pizzas. As a vegetarian may favorite toppings are porcini, spinach and eggplant. Ones from Italian places tend to have a rich tomato base which tastes much better than the chain pizza places. Alternatively I make my own and mix a pesto and tomato base and then add my toppings. I'm a little impatient so sometimes the pizza isn't as crispy as it could be as I can't wait to eat it.

I love Pizza, but these days it's the exception rather than the rule. My toppings are ham, pepperoni, pineapples, sweet peppers and onion. On the odd occasion I would add some mushrooms. I don't know the last year I prepared one from scratch and it was just a few times.

I have a favorite local restaurant that produces the best Pizza I have ever had and I have traveled the world. Not the world. The US and a few other places:).

For me, choosing my favorite pizza is as impossible as not eating for a year. It's either everything or all because I honestly love them.

For me, choosing my favorite pizza is as impossible as not eating for a year. It's either everything or all because I honestly love them.

That used to be me a very, very ,very long time ago. These day like I said earlier it is the exception rather than the rule. Right now I am trying to get my hand on the healthiest pizza, dough and all. I suppose it shouldn't be too difficult. Actually I am going to check right now...................

I checked and there are endless recipes from the dough to the toppings. I never made the"regular" dough. It's unlikely I am going to make the healthier one. I guess there has be some ready made ones out there. I just haven't been looking.

Last edited:
I think it is funny how pizza is so far away from what we eat nowadays. It was usally a "go-to" meal or snack. Ever since moving back to the States from Italy, with my Italian boyfriend, it is completely unfathomable to eat what is called pizza here. We have discussed making pizza at home and trying to enjoy that. I fear it is not the same because the flour is different, the tomatoes are different and the mozzarella is really different. I usually liked to have pizza with prosciutto or anchovies and I already know that I am dreaming if I think I'll be eating that here.

Of course I love pizza! Especially with plenty of crunchy veg on top. I often order a vegetarian special, then ask for extra chicken - I get a few funny looks but it is cheaper doing it this way than paying for individual toppings! Ham and mushroom is also pretty good.

Yesterday, I got my pizza oven up and running. It has a lot of potential....

DSC_0295_h600.jpg
Click on the image for a larger version.

DSC_0291_800.jpg
A cross between a scone and damper. Basically a scone recipe with no egg or sugar but cooked as damper.

All of them! Except for those exotic combinations with pinapple, orange or other fruits. If it's meant to be salty, then let it salty, please.

Back
Top Bottom