Do you pay with cash or card

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
6:53 PM
A few days ago there was a conversation in the office regarding money. One colleague S rarely carries cash prefers to pay by card even for small purchases. Ok cards are convenient touch and go but it is very easy to lose track of what you have bought because very few people bother with a receipt when they probably would if paying with cash.

I like to carry money in my purse, it just feels 'right' it also helps to keep an eye on spending.

I rarely have much cash on me, usually less than $5. And, I am just the opposite regarding receipts. I make sure I get 1 for credit or debit charge, but not so much for cash.

Card for pretty much everything - particularly since contactless payment was introduced. The exception is if I go to a food market as quite a few stall holders only accept cash.

Also I hate the new 'plastic' notes which won't fold properly!

Card here for me too - love the convenience, plus I get cashback on all spending :okay:
I don't usually bother with receipts, but I find its actually harder to track spending with cash than it is with cards. All our transactions are logged in an accounting programme so I'm always aware of where we spend our money and can run reports each month. But cash just comes out as cash, and unless you carry a notebook around then its impossible to record what you spent where.

Usually with the debit card, especially when ordering stuff from Amazon.com. :wink:

I always have a hundy in my back pocket. Mainly pay cash, don't want receipts either. Usually about 20 or 30 bucks in the car. I like cash.

Russ

Yup, a hundred dollar bill, also fiddy is fifty. The American comic show like the Simpsons. Can't think of the name now. The black guy in it says about a free fiddy. ( 350)I named a horse aboutafreefiddy. It was nil. Lol.

Russ

Like in the case of the rapper; 50Cent. Some pronounce his name to sound like FiddyCent. :wink:

It's only in the last 15 years or so (since the arrival of superstores) that cards have been accepted here. I'm therefore accustomed to paying cash, however I rarely carry more than ฿5,000.00 (£120.00) at any one time. I have an ATM card which doubles as a debit card and a virtual debit card for on-line purchases.

Plastic (card). All that small change weighs me down. Lol

Back
Top Bottom