Do you think about vietnamese food?

Not loving what I am seeing but maybe it has everything to do with me not being a fan of street food or more specifically enjoying watching people prepare my food. Maybe I have a 'watch food preparation phobia' if I can put a no on it. In this case I'd watch the food being prepared and then move on empty handed and try to create my own version at a later date.

I've been to Vietnam, specifically Ho Chi Minh City...I liked the food, although I didn't eat a ton of street food, mainly just from local restaurants. I love Pho and I'm mad for Vietnamese Iced Coffee...it's seriously the best iced coffee I've ever had (super addictive - they use condensed milk in it!)

I have never had Vietnamese food. There was a Vietnamese Restaurant in town a few years ago but it never did very well. They closed down after only being opened for a short time. By the looks of this video I may give it a try if I had the chance to.

I still have to confess that when I look at the images before the video starts the dishes do look quite appealing.

Vietnamese cuisine is fantastic - fresh ingredients and fresh tasting with a balance of spicy, sour, sweet and salt. When I lived in London, we lived in a part of town where there were a lot of Vietnamese cafes - I really miss that!

I ate in a Vietnamese restaurant once. It was really a good. A different take on Oriental food. It seemed light and airy. I would eat it again if I had the opportunity. Around the Northern Virginia, Washington DC area they have a number of Pho restaurants which are the Vietnamese noodle restaurants. Basically people eat big piles of Soba or Ramen noodles in a soup. They are or were quite popular though.

I have never tried Vietnamese food, however I would like to there and definitely try the street food.

We were in Saigon late last year of 2015 and we had sampled several Vietnamese dishes. Unfortunately, I do not remember the name of any of those. But I do remember the noodles with broth that is covered by Chinese lettuce and goes with beef slices. There was also the fried noodles with meat and gravy (not sure if that is what it is called). But what I remember most is the dessert that looks like a ball with something sweet inside. By the way, my first meal in Saigon (Ho Chi Minh) is in Ph-24, the most popular eatery there.

Back
Top Bottom