Does your spouse cook with you?

Rosyrain

Veteran
Local time
1:42 AM
My kitchen is sort of like my castle and I do not like my significant other coming into the kitchen to cook with me. We trip over each other and he ends up getting on my nerves because he has to come up behind me and add extra spices to everything. Do you cook with your spouse?

When it comes to preparing foods both of us my husband and I share each others passion for cooking. Even when doing the groceries and buying in the market we are always together because we had lists of what we will buy with our own recipes like what I will cook and what he will cook. Because we both want our family to eat good healthy foods we see to it that it is a well balanced meal we are cooking all the time. Well I am glad he is always helping me in the kitchen.

I feel exactly the same as you do Rosyrain! He interferes with everything, gets in my way and generally annoys me. So much so that he's actually banned from the kitchen when I'm cooking. I wonder if he does it on purpose?

Back 10+ years ago we did used to cook together, we called it a "cooking party" and we would drink wine and make a bunch of interesting little dishes we could have for the week. It was a lot of fun for us and we had great time. But as life and time have taken over, and a new small unfriendly kitchen has come in the picture, it is just me in the kitchen these days.

yes! she finds every thing for me ,i hate cupboards can't find anything,but when i cook at home ,i am fast and organised,we normally have words as she is slow and messy

As with most things, Night Train and I make a good team in the kitchen. Generally, I cook, and he asks if there's anything he can do, and if there is, I tell him, and he does it.

There are some things we've got into a routine with - for example when we have pasta, he generally measures it out, gets it cooking and then drains it when ready, while I do whatever sauce we're having. And if we're having mash, he sorts that out. Same with rice. So basically, he does carbs!

NO. MR WD would just tell me im doing everything wrong, then he would spend 10 minutes telling me how it should he done. I'd get angry, words would be had, and dinner would end up as a silent affair with me sitting at one end of the table, and Mr WD at the other. Best not be in the same kitchen then.:laugh:

When we first got together I tried but learned pretty quickly we work at different paces. Also, when I say 'work' it means something quite different from my personal definition. I know I need to take cooking less seriously & try to have more fun cooking together.

I am not sure how to answer this question, but I will try. We don't really cook together, but on occasion we might complement each other. Truth is we have approaches to cooking and he definitely does not like the cooking together idea. Especially on a Sunday when I am cooking up a storm, I might ask him to steam the veg: something negligible that can't go wrong.

Since I "taught" him to cook, he things he knows everything so that sweet cooking together with me passing you this and you passing me that and popping a kiss on each while we move around in the kitchen like in the movies...isn't happening.:)

My spouse has his certain tasks to (like preparing the turkey, or making the fish if we have fish and chips) but I know to get out of the kitchen when it is his turn and he is learning to stay out when it is my turn.

There have been a few times my roomie has wanted to help in the kitchen (very few times) and all he does is get in my way. So, I told him, if he feels the need to cook once in awhile, by all means, cook the whole dinner and I will get out of the kitchen. Not surprisingly enough, that has never happened. LOL

However, I have a friend who I work very well with in the kitchen.We have made several dishes together ie: cabbage rolls, perogies etc and we never have a problem.

He loves to bake, but the poor thing has no time. Besidea it would be a nightmare. I hate when im cooking something and sombody comes and stirs my meal or turns down the heat. I want to scream

Back
Top Bottom