Driving home for Christmas

epicuric

Legendary Member
Local time
7:20 AM
Apologies for not contributing much of late - I've been away for most of the last three weeks. I've had Chris Rea's "Driving home for Christmas" as an ear worm for the past week, and finally it's come true! I'm home, and looking forward to getting stuck into cooking for Christmas.

I'm not driving home for Christmas but suddenly Christmas has been driven home to me. Both kids who recently left home arrived to put presents under the tree; the new minimalistic 'designer' tree (they approved). I'm cooking Xmas dinner twice as I have kids coming on Christmas day and another lot on Boxing Day.

I'm not driving home for Christmas but suddenly Christmas has been driven home to me. Both kids who recently left home arrived to put presents under the tree; the new minimalistic 'designer' tree (they approved). I'm cooking Xmas dinner twice as I have kids coming on Christmas day and another lot on Boxing Day.
Same here - eldest is with us on Christmas Day, youngest, having opted (quite sensibly) for some Mediterranean sun over Christmas, arrives next Saturday. I'm sure there will be some turkey left.

Back
Top Bottom