Recipe Duck Egg Tapas

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
12:03 AM
A friend gave me the basic idea for this earlier in the week. I had the prawns so...

Ingredients
  • 4 Duck eggs
  • 2 tblsp mayonnaise
  • ½ tsp tomato puree
  • Pinch of salt
  • Pinch of black pepper
  • 4 dashes of Tabasco (or to taste)
  • 8 Large prawns
  • Olive oil
  • Paprika
Method

Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave for 15 minutes. Drain the eggs and place in iced water to stop the cooking process.

Peel the eggs and carefully slice them in half longwise. Remove the yoke (reserving the white) and place in a cup and mash with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, tomato puree and Tabasco and mash until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Heat the olive oil in a wok and stir fry the prawns for 2 or 3 minutes until pink. Remove and keep aside to cool.

Spoon the mayonnaise mix into each egg white, top each with a cooked prawn and sprinkle with a little paprika.

Serve cold with salad or chopped cabbage.

duckegg tapas s.jpg

Note @morning glory : I shook the eggs prior to boiling and although the yokes were not quite in the middle, they were near enough. :okay:

The 'egg shaking' works reasonably well. I have thought that as normally the yolk settles nearer the rounded end of the egg, then shaking it downwards towards the pointy end might work best. I haven't tried this yet.

A friend gave me the basic idea for this earlier in the week. I had the prawns so...

Ingredients
  • 4 Duck eggs
  • 2 tblsp mayonnaise
  • ½ tsp tomato puree
  • Pinch of salt
  • Pinch of black pepper
  • 4 dashes of Tabasco (or to taste)
  • 8 Large prawns
  • Olive oil
  • Paprika
Method

Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat, cover and leave for 15 minutes. Drain the eggs and place in iced water to stop the cooking process.

Peel the eggs and carefully slice them in half longwise. Remove the yoke (reserving the white) and place in a cup and mash with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, tomato puree and Tabasco and mash until smooth. Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Heat the olive oil in a wok and stir fry the prawns for 2 or 3 minutes until pink. Remove and keep aside to cool.

Spoon the mayonnaise mix into each egg white, top each with a cooked prawn and sprinkle with a little paprika.

Serve cold with salad or chopped cabbage.

View attachment 4251
Note @morning glory : I shook the eggs prior to boiling and although the yokes were not quite in the middle, they were near enough. :okay:

@Yorky,

Absolutely marvelous and so simple !!

Thanks for posting and have a lovely day ..

So it's sort of a shrimp topped devilled egg.

Sounds interesting. My family absolutely loves devilled eggs. It's not a family get together without a tray of them.

I'll have to try this for the next family gathering this summer, see what they think

Thanks, Yorky. :chef:

So it's sort of a shrimp topped devilled egg.

Sounds interesting. My family absolutely loves devilled eggs. It's not a family get together without a tray of them.

I'll have to try this for the next family gathering this summer, see what they think

Thanks, Yorky. :chef:

@buckytom

I am a grand fan of Deviled Eggs. Absolutely an amazing appetiser to open up the palate !

Have a fabulous weekend ..

Back
Top Bottom