Duck Fat

I confit the duck legs down , remove the skin and shred while hot make a dressing with a little of the duck fat orange juice and zest little chopped chilli and spring onion, bind the duck leg meat with the dressing serve warm on crisp leaves pomegranate seeds and sliced radish , there are more flavours you can add such as soy or ginger

I confit the duck legs down , remove the skin and shred while hot make a dressing with a little of the duck fat orange juice and zest little chopped chilli and spring onion, bind the duck leg meat with the dressing serve warm on crisp leaves pomegranate seeds and sliced radish , there are more flavours you can add such as soy or ginger
Sound divine. I'm ordering duck legs today on the strength of this! Would you serve it as a starter? Its so easy to make the basic duck confit, yet people think its difficult and only a restaurant dish. I'll post my recipe which is ultra simple - but yours might be better!

duck-confit-a-1.jpg

Duck fat is commonly used to make duck confit.

I've never made it, but I would like to some day. If duck fat is not available, then olive or other cooking oil can be used for it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom