Easter egg challenge

medtran49

Forum GOD!
Local time
4:58 AM
Let's decorate some eggs! Easter Sunday is April 21st and Orthodox Easter Sunday is April 28th this year, so the latter can be the end date of our challenge. Blow your own eggs, buy preblown eggs, buy or make paper mache, wood eggs, styrofoam eggs, plastic eggs, ceramic eggs, sugar eggs, chocolate eggs, whatever kind of egg you'd like to decorate. If you want, make an egg dish to enter along with your egg. Even make a cake or pudding or whatever using an empty eggshell as your mold. Anything goes as long as it's egg shaped!

eggs.jpg

I got 2 of the eggs marked for cutting. One of them just has a circle at the bottom and in half vertically so I didn't take a picture of that one. This one involves several cuts so I had to draw out the whole thing, even where there won't be cuts, just paint color changes. Should be interesting. Time to get the Dremel out. Excuse the poor condition of my nails. I've been working on something else and not using gloves so nails got stained and hands a bit beat up.

2019-03-12 17.15.09.jpg

I can see you are very serious about this challenge! :D

I already had the Dremel from other crafting projects. It was a requested Christmas or birthday present 1 year. I wouldn't have even thought about what I'm planning if I hadn't already had it, though I've never tried cutting anything this intricate and delicate with it.

Not too bad for first time ever cutting eggs. I should have gotten a finer diamond cutting wheel than what I had. Maybe later if these come out good and I decide to make more. I want to get some model putty and build up the 2 pieces in the first picture so I can use that to fix my oopsies.

2019-03-15 16.24.58.jpg
2019-03-15 16.22.21.jpg

What a great gadget. Where from and how much please.

Russ

Its not really a gadget - just a little chicken shaped dish. I used the dish like a ramekin and poached the egg in it in a pan of simmering water. I bought two of them in a charity shop second hand for 50p each - so no idea where you can get them I'm afraid or even if they are still made.

....just looked at the base of the dishes and they are stamped 'Gisella Graham London'. I'll look that up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom