Easter food

Nice buns :)
Chocolate bunnys are big too.
I'm not religious, but brisket, on Passover, is popular, as I recall. If you're religious, no bread is allowed, so it's matzo and Flourless chocolate cake.

Last edited:
Nice buns :)
Chocolate bunnys are big too.
I'm not religious, but brisket, on Passover, is popular, as I recall. If you're religious, no bread is allowed, so it's matzo and Flourless chocolate cake.

Slow Cooker Brisket w Onions
May add carrots and potatoes, red wine or beer.

https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-slow-cooker-brisket-and-onions-recipes-from-the-kitchn-45437

Those qwazy Easter Wabbits

1fab4e4e69dc42897b818cd51132ee33.jpg

Slow Cooker Brisket w Onions
May add carrots and potatoes, red wine or beer.

https://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-slow-cooker-brisket-and-onions-recipes-from-the-kitchn-45437

Those qwazy Easter Wabbits

View attachment 22947
That's pretty much the same way I cooked beef cheek last week, and it was delicious. I used red wine - beer can give a harsh taste, and added bay leaves, peppercorns and a bouquet grain to the dish. If it's cooked long enough the meat should fall apart, no carving necessary!

That's pretty much the same way I cooked beef cheek last week, and it was delicious. I used red wine - beer can give a harsh taste, and added bay leaves, peppercorns and a bouquet grain to the dish. If it's cooked long enough the meat should fall apart, no carving necessary!

Sounds tasty. Mushrooms would be good too. Will slice it this time to make it dressier, & hopefully have extra for brisket sandwiches on rye bread with mustard later on. If I recall correctly, my grandma used to cook it for hours on the stove top, until it fell apart. Fond memories. :)

Last edited:
Last edited:
Might do a whole packer brisket on my outdoor slow cooker. Takes about 16 hours.

We're quite often away for Easter - either on holiday or visiting family so we're a bit short on Easter food traditions in this house. This year we're going to be in either the Czech Republic or Poland so we'll see what's available nearer the time.
My wife's loving chocolate hot cross buns
I have some Waitrose chocolate orange hot cross buns and some St Clements ones due in my next Ocado order - can't wait to try them. I'm also very tempted by the apple and cinnamon ones....but there's only so many hot cross buns I can eat!

I suppose you could say that this Advocaat cake is Easter-themed... I made it more to use up leftover Advocaat, but the internet seems to suggest that its popular German Easter cake. I can't say I've ever noticed it there (and I've been in Germany for Easter a number of times), but I'll definitely be keeping an eye out this year as we pass through just before Easter to see if I can spot any!

The Peeps will be available in force! They have the same half life as Strontium 90 (28.8 years) and can be re-gifted many times!:roflmao:

My parents would almost always make leg of lamb. No peeps, no hot cross buns. (Thankfully, as I seriously dislike both!) But some veggies and potatoes to go with. The leg of lamb would have lots of rosemary and garlic (no mint, Mom only liked mint in desserts).
i
One year Dad and I convinced her we should have rabbit. She'd always put her foot down on eating Easter Rabbit, although she was a fan of it at other times of the year. The recipe worked well...

Easter eggs were always eggs that came from hens. That's what we hid around and found.

One year they decided to hide the eggs outdoors overnight, instead of in the house. That night, we had about 8 inches of unexpected snow. We didn't find most of the eggs until about three weeks later, inedible by then of course!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom