Easter food

Every year I do a half a ham with glaze and served hot.
300 ml bourbon
300ml apricot sauce
300 ml maple syrup
Small jar honey grain mustard 100mls gms
Mix and baste, it's really unbelievable.
Make sure you cut skin off, leave the fatty layer.

Russ

Every year I do a half a ham with glaze and served hot.
300 ml bourbon
300ml apricot sauce
300 ml maple syrup
Small jar honey grain mustard 100mls gms
Mix and baste, it's really unbelievable.
Make sure you cut skin off, leave the fatty layer.

Russ

Sounds very delicious.

I am going to try to post my baked ham recipe here (already set up on the Meat and Poultry thread), as it could be used for an Easter supper. Mind you, I'm no longer celebrating my birth religion, but I don't see why others should not celebrate as they will. And, here's an option for you. I've minimized the sugar component on the baked ham, and it is now a maple syrup inspired dish. (Hoping this will link properly, as I am new here.)

https://www.cookingbites.com/thread...tion-maple-syrup-clove-and-peach-cider.14748/

EDIT: YAY, the linking feature works or at least I figured it out today!!!

When the nieces and nephews were young and living at home Baby Sis and sweet BIL would host a crawfish boil Easter Sunday. Egg hunts, water pistol wars, slip and slide
The nieces and nephews are now grown with children. Unfortunately scattered
A boiled dinner has been a favorite. Boiled ham and boiled corned beef with lots of boiled vegetables. Sides of tart coleslaw, potato salad and fresh fruit.
We do not make much of Easter other than going to Mass.
A baked ham dinner is kind of traditional. I like having the left over ham for soup
If Sis and BIL do not do something for Easter Mom always thinks she has to prepare a feast.
I have to talk to my sisters and baby Brother
Plan something that will satisfy Mother but keep her from doing so much work. Have to think about that.

I am going to try to post my baked ham recipe here (already set up on the Meat and Poultry thread), as it could be used for an Easter supper. Mind you, I'm no longer celebrating my birth religion, but I don't see why others should not celebrate as they will. And, here's an option for you. I've minimized the sugar component on the baked ham, and it is now a maple syrup inspired dish. (Hoping this will link properly, as I am new here.)

https://www.cookingbites.com/thread...tion-maple-syrup-clove-and-peach-cider.14748/

EDIT: YAY, the linking feature works or at least I figured it out today!!!

There are a couple of different ways to post links to threads - you can also post links to a particular post by clicking on the number (bottom right of post in question) and copying and pasting the URL or by using 'copy link'.

I'd like to have this for Easter, but don't think Craig is going to go for it simply because they will probably be packed. I've been wanting to try this restaurant for years, but we never seem to get there. $50 per adult, beverages not included.

They are a small, family owned/run place. They use what's fresh and in season, and change their menu (other than some staples they always have) fairly frequently. Obviously, high end food and wines. They have 1 of those fancy wine preservation systems that allows them to serve high price wines by the glass without any decline in quality after the bottle is opened.

CHILLED PRESENTATIONS
Sushi
Smoked Salmon
Iced Shrimp Cocktail
Domestic & Imported Cheeses
Aged & Dry Cured Meats
Moroccan Chic Pea Salad
Cabbage Crunch Salad
Sliced Fruit
Classical Caesar Salad

CARVED TO ORDER
Roast Prime Rib
Brown Sugar Whiskey Glazed Ham
Rosemary Garlic Leg of Lamb

FROM THE LINE
Omelettes to Order
Cook and Cork Bacon
Sage Sausage
Brioche French Toast
Mac & Cheese
Fresh Fish Selection
Lyonnaise Potatoes
Seasonal Steamed Vegetables

BAKERY
Assorted Muffins
Focaccia, Sourdough, Garlic Bread

SWEETS
Assorted Sweets & Treats for Dessert

Last edited:
Talking of eating out - now both the youngest kids have moved out my daughter suggested going out for an Easter meal so we are booked at 'The Herbalist' for Sunday evening (it was my son's choice). I've no idea if it is any good but we will see.

Back
Top Bottom