Eating at the theatre

At the stadium to see a football match, or to watch a basketball game, or to attend a sports event anyway, obviously the thing is very different. I take snacks myself, it's normal. Everyone shouts and encourages the team, it is a normal situation. But in a theatre no. I'll eat my nails at least! It's true that there is Dolby Sorround in the cinema that combs your hair, but when you have someone who eats chips right next to you or in front of you, you hear it.
You haven't been to an American movie theater. If @buckytom and I were sitting next to each other, I couldn't hear him eat that combination he described.

No one eats at the theatre here in Oz.

Drinks - Champagne or cocktails before & at intermission of course. Dinner is pre-theatre & supper is post.

Seeing Kinky Boots this Friday and I'm pretty excited. Haven't been to a show in ages.

The movie theatres are another beast entirely. Concession stand sells crisps, lollies, ice creams, popcorn & drinks.

When I take my kids and their friends I usually sneak in a couple of large bags of crisps (a large bag in Oz is 200gm just btw - we don't normally get those monster sized bags we see in American tv shows. We can only dream) and some bottles of water, plus my favourite treat of soft eating licorice as you don't find it at the concession stand.

The sound systems are pretty loud here too and I find that generally people try to be respectful of others.

No one eats at the theatre here in Oz.

Drinks - Champagne or cocktails before & at intermission of course. Dinner is pre-theatre & supper is post.

Seeing Kinky Boots this Friday and I'm pretty excited. Haven't been to a show in ages.

The movie theatres are another beast entirely. Concession stand sells crisps, lollies, ice creams, popcorn & drinks.

When I take my kids and their friends I usually sneak in a couple of large bags of crisps (a large bag in Oz is 200gm just btw - we don't normally get those monster sized bags we see in American tv shows. We can only dream) and some bottles of water, plus my favourite treat of soft eating licorice as you don't find it at the concession stand.

The sound systems are pretty loud here too and I find that generally people try to be respectful of others.
On the crisps, that is 19 grams less than our regular size chips. The big bags are 432 grams.

On the crisps, that is 19 grams less than our regular size chips. The big bags are 432 grams.
We recently had bigger bags but I think it was a promotional thing, I'm not sure how popular they were. I'm not sure exactly how big but I want to say 350gm.

We recently had bigger bags but I think it was a promotional thing, I'm not sure how popular they were. I'm not sure exactly how big but I want to say 350gm.
For 2 people, the bigger bags just don't make any sense.

The bigger bags of crisps are called family size.

Except for the giant bags of Doritos. Those are 1 or 2 servings for me. :porky:

The bigger bags of crisps are called family size.

Except for the giant bags of Doritos. Those are 1 or 2 servings for me. :porky:
They have family size and now party size.
One pringles can used to be a serving for me.

Pringles chips are great for backpacking, and I guess movies too.

Back
Top Bottom