Eddie Jackson Wins Food Network Star Contest!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
9:18 AM
Eddie Jackson, Food Network Star winner..jpg

Meet the new winner of the Food Network Star contest - Eddie Jackson!
This very energetic star is a former NFL football player who even was with the New England Patriots, as well as other teams. After being plagued by a knee injury requiring surgery, which put him out of action and ended his illustrious career as a football player, he turned to his next love & passion - food. He's a fitness guru & cooks and eats healthy foods immensely!

He beat out about a dozen or so other contestants to win the coveted title! He is the first African American to win the coveted title since Chef Aaron McCargo Jr. won it in August, 2008.

Don't know what the name of his new cooking show will be yet, but I will be watching out for it to begin!!

Last edited:
That is awesome!! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Looking forward to seeing his new cooking show!!

That is awesome!! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Looking forward to seeing his new cooking show!!

You welcome, my friend!!

I saw him in that intense battle and thought to myself; "Gee, I hope that he wins the contest, because there as not been a black person to win it since Chef Aaron McCargo Jr. won it in '08!!!"
And he DID!!

My heart truly goes out to him for sticking with it and seeing it to the bitter end, fulfilling his life-long dream!! A serious knee injury & knee surgery knocked him out of the NFL and he was eliminated in a comp for a contest that he wanted to win. He kept on trying and never gave up!!!

My 11-year-old grand nephew also wants to be a chef when HE grows up! With his insatiable passion & appitite for food & cooking, he can do it very well!! :wink: :laugh: :headshake:

Last edited:
View attachment 1337

Meet the new winner of the Food Network Star contest - Eddie Jackson!
This very energetic star is a former NFL football player who even was with the New England Patriots, as well as other teams. After being plagued by a knee injury requiring surgery, which put him out of action and ended his illustrious career as a football player, he turned to his next love & passion - food. He's a fitness guru & cooks and eats healthy foods immensely!

He beat out about a dozen or so other contestants to win the coveted title! He is the first African American to win the coveted title since Chef Aaron McCargo Jr. won it in August, 2008.

Don't know what the name of his new cooking show will be yet, but I will be watching out for it to begin!!

I saw that and I think actually he did the best job. He never really had a bad week and he was very natural in front of the cameras. His closest rival the Louisian the big guy with a beard was very good as well, but he did not have the natural demeanor Eddie did and his smiles you could tell were fake at timse. To be on TV you have to look natural and have presence...and Eddie had both, and is a great and skilled cook to boot.

My sister was sure Jay would win, but I told her Eddie was a star. He has a physical presence that none of the other contestants possessed. He might not have cooked as well as some of the other contestants, like Dom, but he had the right personality to be on TV. All the hosts and judges loved him--and all the women wanted to touch his biceps!--so that probably didn't hurt his chances. I'm excited to have someone fit on Food Network.

My sister was sure Jay would win, but I told her Eddie was a star. He has a physical presence that none of the other contestants possessed. He might not have cooked as well as some of the other contestants, like Dom, but he had the right personality to be on TV. All the hosts and judges loved him--and all the women wanted to touch his biceps!--so that probably didn't hurt his chances. I'm excited to have someone fit on Food Network.

Especially a black winner!!

There has not been one since Chef Aaron McCargo Jr.!!
I'm not a racist or anything like that, but let's face it; The FN does not seem to have any more black TV chefs as of late, except maybe Sunny Anderson.

Gina & Pat Neeley aren't there any more either! And Aaron McCargo Jr. has left the network when his show ended in 2011!!
Eddie Johnson will bring fresh new charisma, talent & fresh new cuisine to the TV screen!!

His new show, BTW, will be named, of all things BBQ Blitz - a barbecue cooking show!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom