Edible Insects

delicket

Über Member
Local time
1:26 PM
Hi everyone!

We are an edible insect startup based in London called Delicket and we are developing a new, super healthy and sustainable snack bar containing insect powder. We have made a very short survey to gather information on your likes and dislikes and it would mean a lot for us if you took 30 seconds of your time to answer our questionnaire

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/T5PLJVF

Thank you very much!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've completed your survey. I felt rather guilty ticking the box to say I wouldn't eat a whole insect! I'm aware of the nutritional value etc. I am obviously suffering from cultural brainwashing as I will happily eat prawns which, after all, resemble insects!

Insect powder? Sure, why not. I've had insects in survival training where they were ground into a soup.

But whole, with legs and antennae and bits that get stuck in my throat?

Absolutely not. Gack!

Not too sure of the value of the insect powder though. After all there are many other things which if reduced to a powder could be used in food [bone, plankton offal perhaps ?] either eat the insect [fried roasted etc] or we seem to be just drifting into the realm of 'padding out' the food item with any available [and cheap] protein - soylent green next perhaps]

I have eaten crickets (on purpose, and not just as a dare). They were dried and served in different flavors: spicy cheddar, buttermilk ranch, and salt & vinegar. In each case, the flavoring was obviously artificial. Probably for this reason, the salt & vinegar wasn't bad, but the others suffered from the poor quality of the flavoring. Crickets have sort of a nutty taste, which I can see leveraging in the flavor. A chocolate-covered cricket actually works pretty well if you think of it that way.

The other things (worms, grubs) sound like the stuff of nightmares.not sure if I could get past the squishiness, no matter how good it tastes.

Back
Top Bottom