Egg Drop Soup

detroitdad

Legendary Member
Local time
10:10 AM
I think I'm going to try my hand at Egg Drop Soup tomorrow. I took out some bone in chicken breasts to make my own chicken stock.

I love eggs. This is one of my favorite soups. I've never made it before. I figure tomorrow is as good as time as any.

I'll post, and change this to a "recipe" after I make it.

B

What else are you putting in it? Ginger? Tofu?

I don't know yet lol. Yes, probably ginger. Oh, and eggs lol.

making my stock now. Or trying top anyways.

20181028_093246.jpg

The best eggsnot soup I've ever had, down in NY's Chinatown, definitely had a hint of ginger and garlic.

They also used dozens of carcasses in a giant pot over one of those jet burners, but unless you have access to one, go with the ginger and garlic. Especially the garlic.
Also, unless there's "one of those people about :meh:", use a teeny pinch of msg, and some corn starch as a thickener.

Speaking of eggs in your soup :)... I like Greek lemon chicken soup with orzo. Avo... I always forget the spelling. Hope it's a success. I'm always worried that I'll wind up with scrambled eggs in my soup.

Your soup looks great...and a heck of a lot better than I see at most restaurants. I really like the addition of green onions: I put them in any Asian soup I have or make, and it's always better for it.

How was the flavor? Usually, restaurant egg drop soup is all egg, and not much else flavor-wise. I really like the idea of having garlic and ginger that you can actually taste.

Your soup looks great...and a heck of a lot better than I see at most restaurants. I really like the addition of green onions: I put them in any Asian soup I have or make, and it's always better for it.

How was the flavor? Usually, restaurant egg drop soup is all egg, and not much else flavor-wise. I really like the idea of having garlic and ginger that you can actually taste.

The flavor was awesome. The ginger was awesome in it. I used 4 eggs to about 6 cups of broth. I would have liked more eggs , but Colleen said it was perfect

I can't eat this. Looks like something that I'd rather not talk about! :ohmy::headshake::sick:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom