Eggs - Nature's Perfect Food. How do you use them?

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
3:16 PM
A discussion and of course shared recipes.

@medtran49 mentioned topping a pizza with runny eggs. @Yorky and @SatNavSaysStraightOn have posted many photos and recipes with their beautiful home grown eggs. @morning glory frequently uses runny eggs as a topping for her beautiful and inventive dishes.

I like eggs - any way and any time of day. A soft cooked fried egg or a poached egg is a perfect "sauce" for a medium rare steak. Sunny Side Up, Over Easy, poached, boiled - soft, medium or hard, omelets, scrambles, frittatas, strata, breakfast casseroles, coddled eggs, eggs-in-a-nest - I love them all!

G has this "thing" in his head that eggs are for breakfast. He :( when I serve him eggs as a main ingredient in a lunch or dinner dish. IDC. I do it anyway.

I've almost started a thread several times on eggs. They are probably my favorite breakfast food (We usually have a brinner at least once a week).

I love eggs cooked all different ways. I'll eat them sunny side up, over easy, hard cooked, scrambled, hard boiled, soft boiled, poached, ect......I just LOVE THEM!!!!!

I have two favorite breakfasts. One is served at a local Coney Island. Corned Beef Hash. I'll look for some pictures. Its hashbrowns, corned beef, peppers, onions, and three eggs (always sunny side up).

My other favorite breakfast was what my grandfather would serve in Alabama. Scrambled eggs, sausages, potatoes, and his famous bacon tomato gravy. You would cover the entire breakfast in the gravy. It was fantastic.

20151128_102321_zpsher6mfav.jpg

I've just remembered a favourite lunch of mine when I was a child. Hot egg sandwiches. Boiled egg mashed and placed between two slices of buttered soft white (with crusty crusts) bread. The egg melts the butter and the soft yolk and butter seep into the bread. Must make these again.

I dont fancy trying century eggs and not a fan of pickled eggs you see in chip shops (in Suffolk when ordering a pint of beer in a pub you can snack on a bag of crisps opened with a pickled egg dropped in the bag.)

I've never made egg drop soup. Anyone got a good recipe?

Your sandwich sounds like wonderful comfort food. I have never tried Century Eggs but would try them at least once just to say I did. I am OK with pickled eggs but do not make them or go out of my way to buy them. I have eaten and enjoyed but never made Egg Drop Soup. DITTO on a recipe.

Back
Top Bottom