Eggs - Nature's Perfect Food. How do you use them?

with toast 5 s.jpg

egg and soldiers 2 s.jpg

I am guessing that soldiers are toast strips.

@Yorky
If I remember correctly those are duck eggs from your ducks. The gorgeous orange yolk is the most appetizing I have ever seen. I could do a face plant in your plate!:laugh:

I toast them only if the bread is soft. It gives more rigidity to the soldier for ease of dipping.

They are most certainly duck eggs but @Yorky doesn't keep ducks. I reckon we have two active members who keep poultry: @SatNavSaysStraightOn and @Frizz1974. I may be wrong but that is what I think.

Correct. We do not keep ducks. Our duck eggs normally come from a friend's mother's village. Otherwise from the afternoon market.

Can happen - but you just have to be careful. Its so strange to think you guys don't eat eggs like this. I think almost anyone who grew up in the UK will have eaten boiled eggs and soldiers (although maybe that would not be a tradition if they grew up in some of the ethnic communities here). I had an egg served like this for breakfast most days as a kid. In fact I had two last night!
Then you won’t be surprised to know I was a little taken aback the first time I saw tomatoes, mushrooms, and beans at my first breakfast buffet in Britain. Except for the beans, I like it. But it’s things like this that led to the colonies breaking off from you in the first place!

Then you won’t be surprised to know I was a little taken aback the first time I saw tomatoes, mushrooms, and beans at my first breakfast buffet in Britain. Except for the beans, I like it. But it’s things like this that led to the colonies breaking off from you in the first place!
:roflmao:
DITTO> I fell in love with an English Breakfast but did not and still do not get the beans! I regularly eat tomatoes and mushrooms whit my eggs. Beans - never.

I rarely eat baked beans with BBQ. Never with breakfast. That really is a British thing. I love this forum. There is always something new to learn.

Back
Top Bottom