Eggs - Nature's Perfect Food. How do you use them?

Ah.... David Smith artist:

Unknown-213.jpg

I needed to separate yolk from white this morning and I tried something that I saw on the net some time ago. Using an empty plastic water bottle. Bloody brilliant!
Squeeze the bottle and apply the neck to the yolk. Un-squeeze the bottle and the yolk magically enters the bottle leaving the white behind.

These are two duck egg yolks and one white destined for my attempt at fluffy hot dog rolls.

seperated eggs s.jpg

Fascinating thread! I always thought beans for breakfast came from the USA - visions of black and white movies with John Wayne and gang, stoking up the camp fire to cook beans and a pot of coffee for breakfast? It's interesting how cultures diverge and develop their own tastes and habits - I can't get my head round the idea of bacon with pancakes for breakfast!

Incidentally, another use for an egg - whisk a raw egg into hot mashed potato to make it extra silky.

Incidentally, another use for an egg - whisk a raw egg into hot mashed potato to make it extra silky.

That's what I do when preparing "duchess potatoes" - something that I rarely make these days.

I must rectify that.

Plus maple syrup. It does work quite well, I think.

A place here that has fried chicken and waffles on their breakfast/brunch menu mixes hot sauce in with the syrup. They also serve strawberry butter for the waffles. It's actually quite a good combo.

Last edited:
A place here that has fried chicken and waffles on their breakfast/brunch menu mixes hot sauce in with the syrup. They also serve strawberry butter for the waffles. It's actually quite a good combo.
I suppose it's the sweet/savoury mix again.

Just remembered (and I haven't done it for a while) that pork pie goes really well with a full English breakfast. Dipped in runny egg yolk :hungry:

I'll quite often do a piece of fried bread with a circle cut out in the middle, fried one side then turned over and an egg dropped in and cooked. Dash of Worcester sauce over the top and devour it. Don't have it too often as its fried in dripping.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom