Recipe Egyptian Omelette

pinkcherrychef

Local time
4:02 AM
This recipe my mother in law made for me one day for breakfast. It was so good I asked her what she put in it to make it taste so amazing. After that I added just a few tiny things to make it taste even better.
Time: 10 mins maybe a tad more or less
servings:1

Ingredients:
3 eggs
3tbs of milk
1/4 tsp of cumin
1/4 tsp of ginger
1/4 tsp tumeric
2 tsp of flour
a few sprigs of cilantro
1 tsp of butter
1tbs of oil
3tbs of rumi cheese(Note rumi is a very strong aged cheese so you can add another cheese if you want)

Directions
1. In a small dish add all of your dry ingredients then slowly add in you tablespoons of milk while you stir slowly to prevent clumping.Then crack the 3 eggs and add them to the dish and stir them just enough to get everything mixed together. Be careful NOT stir to much if you do your omelet will turn out flat and not good. So only stir enough to mix it together.
2. Grease your saute pan with your table spoon of oil then add your teaspoon of butter making sure it's all around the pan. After that turn on your stuff to a medium heat not to hot and not to cold. Let the pan get a little warm then add in your omelette batter.
3. As the omelette cooks gently lift up the sides and let the raw uncooked egg slide underneath to make your omelette stronger and more fulffy.
4.After it's pretty much all the way cooked and the raw egg can't slide underneath the cooked egg turn off your stove top take the pan off the burner. Sprinkle the cheese and cilantro on top, and then cover the pan with foil or a plate whatever works for you.Let it stay that way for about 2 or 3 minutes tops after that boom full cooked omelet!.
5. Uncover the the pan containing the omelette. Take a fork and gently lift the omelette to get it loose from the pan becareful not to break it. DON"T take it out of the pan yet just loosen it up. After you've done that gently take the pan and put it over your plate and gently and slowly slide it unto the plate. Then just fold it and tada you got a wonderful tasty Egyptian omelette that looks like a pro made it. Enjoy!

P.S. You can also add a chili pepper to give it a little kick. I hope you guys like it. Oh and sorry for the caps I just want you guys to know how to make it taste and look awesome. It was only to grab your attention not to be rude.

Last edited by a moderator:
The tumeric must add a nice color.
I add tumeric in pretty much everything I make lol. It has amazing health benefits and IMO is a super herb. It doesn't have a strong heavy taste either so I always try to put a little in everything to get all of it's benefits.

@pinkcherrychef

Rumy cheese: Is this an Egyptian cheese ? A goat or sheep cheese ?

Or do you mean " runny cheese " as in a low melting point cheese ?
Sorry it's called Rumi and yes it is an Egyptian cheese https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rumi_cheese
It's a strong cheese IMO. Some people might think to not add it at all I suggest you taste it before adding it. I personally love it and made many things with it but everyones taste is different. You can use mozzarella or cheddar or whatever you like.

Last edited:
@pinkcherrychef

Thank you for the Wiki Link .. It is a cow variety and similar to Reggiano Parmesan .. Hard and crumbling aged cured or aged ..

Sounds very interesting ..
Yep it taste amazing IMO. I've actually made a sauce like Alfredo with it instead of using parmesan. It tasted quite good almost like Alfredo just a bit stronger cheese flavor. I highly recommend you to try it if you can.

I like the use of spices - but why the flour? I've never come across flour in an omelette!
I never have, either, so I decided to do some looking. It seems that there are a few recipes out there that use flour to make the omelette fluffy. The ones that made the most sense to me were the ones that use self-rising flour: the baking powder would naturally make the omelette rise in the pan.

I like the use of spices - but why the flour? I've never come across flour in an omelette!
@The Late Night Gourmet
The flour I learned from a job I had as a cook in a breakfast restaurant in America. My chef instructor in high school also told me of this method but I was told that it helps make the omelette stay together a bit more. Never heard of flour making it more fluffy. I even learned another restaurant famous in America adds a bit of pancake batter to there's. It never does anything bad to the omelette as long as you don't put to much you'll never know it's in there. It's not a major thing you can leave it out if you want.

This recipe my mother in law made for me one day for breakfast. It was so good I asked her what she put in it to make it taste so amazing. After that I added just a few tiny things to make it taste even better.
Time: 10 mins maybe a tad more or less

I shall definitely be giving this a go in the hear future.

Back
Top Bottom