Electric Kettles?

Hubby has a Tassimo for his coffee, but I have to have a kettle for my tea. Well I'd love a Qooker boiling water tap (my parents have one and its great) but I simply can't justify the price.

This is my kettle (I have the matching toaster too):
KBJ3001W-KBJ2001W-Left.jpg

Its the second DeLonghi I've had (I previously had the same design but in a silver metal body) and they seem to last forever - the old was was still in great condition but it just didn't match the new kitchen so I had to change it :oops: Its used many many times a day for tea (flat element and very quick to boil) and occasionally to fill a pan with boiling water for cooking. I've actually still got the old kettle packed away somewhere in the garage in case this one breaks (I don't know why I do this, I've never had a kettle break on me!)

In the motorhome I actually have two kettles + hubby's Tassimo. There's a small 1L metal kettle for the gas hob for the times we don't have electric hook up and when we have electric hook up I use a hot water disc in the Tassimo for hot water - its not quite boiling, but its only a couple of degrees off so its ok. I also have a tiny low wattage electric camping kettle which is just for emergencies in case the Tassimo breaks or in case the electric hook is less than 6 Amps.

As you can tell, I dread being without a kettle to make my tea! :hyper:

That is a pretty kettle. I would love a Qooker too but they are stupid expensive.

If all else fails, its really rather fast to boil water in the microwave. Good if you just want one mug of boiling water...

That is a pretty kettle. I would love a Qooker too but they are stupid expensive.

If all else fails, its really rather fast to boil water in the microwave. Good if you just want one mug of boiling water...
I think it's the Qooker one that my daughter has. There are four of them in the family, coming and going at all sorts of times (even more so now the girls have both left school), and they always have visitors. I think in their case the cost is probably justified. It's also only a fraction of what their huge kitchen cost.

Back
Top Bottom