Enameled Cast Iron Cookware

Until recently, I've never got on well with enameled cast iron cook ware. My friend has a set of Le Creuset and I use that quite a lot when I stay with him. I find it is a bit heavy for me as I have arthritic wrists. However, as I've become more experienced as a cook I've grown to rather enjoy using them. They are great for retaining heat and maintaining an even heat.

Anyway, I decided to look for a white shallow enameled round casserole dish - the reason being that apart from being useful it would look well in food photos. I looked high and low but the only ones I found (and there weren't many) were incredibly expensive. I forgot about it for a while and then whilst looking for something else entirely, came across an article in the Daily Mail about how Aldi (discounter supermarket) were stocking enameled cast-iron cookware at budget price. There was a limited supply and they were only being stocked for a short time. Apparently they were selling like hot cakes. I dashed to the local Aldi (I was in Essex at the time) and miraculously there was the perfect pan.

For £24.99 ($32) its an absolute bargain. It looks and feels the part - but of course, it will be a test of time to see if it keeps its good looks. I just looked in my local Aldi and there were only a few items left...

Do you own enameled cast iron cookware and are you a fan?

The bargain Aldi cast iron casserole:

View attachment 19446

View attachment 19447

View attachment 19448

Have you tested it out yet? how did it perform on your daily or weekly cooking?

Yes, I have been using it - its really good so far. Here is something I cooked in it:

fullsizeoutput_3b24.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom