Recipe Epcot Cheese Bread

CraigC

Guru
Local time
2:33 PM
Karen makes this. It is from an older Mickey Mouse Cookbook. It is the best cheese bread I've ever tasted.

The Bread
Ingredients
3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour, divided
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 package active dry yeast
1 cup very warm water (120°-130°)
squeeze margarine
1 cup (4oz) shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup (2oz) grated Parmesan cheese
1 egg, beaten
4- 6x3 inch (more or less) loaf pans

Directions
1) In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast. Mix well.
2) Gradually add water and 2 tablespoons margarine. Mix until soft dough forms.
3) Combine Swiss and Parmesan cheeses. Reserve 1/4 cup. Add remaining cheese mixture, egg, and 1 cup of the flour to dough. Mix well.
4) On floured surface, knead dough 8 to 10 minutes, kneading in remaining flour. Place dough in lightly greased bowl, turning once to grease surface. Cover and let rest in warm place 20 minutes.
5) On lightly floured surface, knead dough a few times. Divide into four equal pieces. Cover and let rise 15 minutes.
6) Roll out each piece in a rectangle and roll up from short side. Press ends to seal and fold under loaf.
7) Place seam side down in four greased 6 x 3 inch loaf pans. Cover, let rise until double in volume, about 50 minutes.
8) Make a 1/4 inch deep slit lengthwise on top of each loaf. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon remaining cheese.
9) Bake at 375° F for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
10) Remove from pans immediately. Brush with melted butter.

WHAT I DO DIFFERENT
I usually let it rise a little longer in the first 2 risings, same for the last. I don't do the slit and actually butter and cheese them prior to the final rising. Doing the slit after they have risen deflates them a little.

This was a bread they served in The Good Turn restaurant in The Land Pavilion in EPCOT. The entire restaurant was a huge 2 tired turnstile and very slowly turned so you'd have different things to look at while you ate dinner. It overlooked a long part of 1 of the rides in that Pavilion and also was on the second floor so you could see pretty much the entire courtyard area of the building. It was 1 of our favorite restaurants to go to Disney World, me, my mom, and DD when she was little. They used to have fantastic deals for Florida residents back when DD was little so we'd go 3-4 times a year for a long weekend.

Love Disney World but have not been in years. I want to go again. It has changed so much since my last visit. Walt really was a creative genius. Baby Brother has custody of his now twelve - almost thirteen year old daughter. He plans and saves for a special vacation every year. Two years ago it was Disney World. He booked reservations at Kat Kora's restaurant. The booking site suggested no children under 12 - a sophisticated, adult menu. Not a problem for my Niece. She has a very adult palate.

I enjoy getting lost in the fantasy that is Disney World.

Finally, a picture!

Love Disney World but have not been in years. I want to go again. It has changed so much since my last visit. Walt really was a creative genius. Baby Brother has custody of his now twelve - almost thirteen year old daughter. He plans and saves for a special vacation every year. Two years ago it was Disney World. He booked reservations at Kat Kora's restaurant. The booking site suggested no children under 12 - a sophisticated, adult menu. Not a problem for my Niece. She has a very adult palate.

I enjoy getting lost in the fantasy that is Disney World.

I used to watch Walt Disney every Sunday night, great vision. I read somewhere no employees were allowed beards or moustaches?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom