Recipe Epcot Cheese Spread

CraigC

Guru
Local time
5:39 PM
This is to guild the lily as Mario B. would say.

Yield: 5 Cups

Ingredients
3 cups (12 ounces) Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Dash Tabasco
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/3 cup butter, softened
Salt to taste

Directions
1) Have all ingredients at room temperature.
2) Cut Cheddar cheese into 1 inch cubes and process half of Cheddar with half of blue cheese into food processor with steel blade until smooth.
3) Transfer to 11/2 quart bowl and process remaining Cheddar and blue cheese. Transfer to bowl.
4) Cube cream cheese and add with butter, cream and seasonings to processor and process with steel blade until blended.
5) Add to Cheddar mixture and mix until combined.
6) Store, covered, in refrigerator, but serve at room temperature.

Craig and I started talking about this when he asked me if I remembered the name of the restaurant. It originally was called The Good Turn and I explained why in the Epcot cheese bread thread. I can't believe it's been close to 35 years since I first had this bread and spread, and 46 years as of this year from the first time I went to Disney World. Only the Magic Kingdom was open then and you had A, B, C, D and E paper tickets for the different attractions. A tickets being for the horse drawn bus carriage rides and the like, and E tickets being for It's a Small World, Haunted Mansion, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, which is gone now.

It also reminded me of a favorite memory. DD was about 2-1/2 and we had bought her a big Pooh bear, it was as big as her, and nothing would do for her but to sit that bear in front of her in her stroller. We were leaving after the parade and had just bought it before finding a spot curbside at the start of Main Street to watch. She amused herself playing with Pooh while we were waiting and told us Pooh was going to watch the parade with her. Remember Pooh was as big as her, she couldn't even get her little arms all the way around him. The parade starts and she's wiggling trying to see around Pooh. I hear "Mommy, Pooh too big me" in this little exasperated voice, so poor Pooh had to come sit on my legs to watch the parade instead of sitting with his new buddy, though she did keep up a running commentary about the parade to him. I still tease her about that from time to time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom