Everglades Tomatoes

CraigC

Guru
Local time
3:47 AM
Until 2014, we never knew that Florida had a native tomato. The Everglades tomato might just be the worlds smallest one. Not much bigger than a US dime.They are so small, to my knowledge, there isn't a commercial market for them. They are like little bursts of sweet, with a bold tomato flavor. They also grow like weeds.

36788-albums309-picture7173.jpg

Until 2014, we never knew that Florida had a native tomato. The Everglades tomato might just be the worlds smallest one. Not much bigger than a US dime.They are so small, to my knowledge, there isn't a commercial market for them. They are like little bursts of sweet, with a bold tomato flavor. They also grow like weeds.

36788-albums309-picture7173.jpg

I bet they are very sweet and how lovely to be able to forage tomatoes. Supermarkets here sell many types of small tomatoes which in general are much sweeter than larger varieties. However, I've never seen any as tiny as yours! These are about an inch in diameter:

62808011_0_640x640.jpg

I only had to go out my front door to get them as we got some seeds and started growing them.

I've had some really tiny tomatoes just lately. Not much bigger than my thumbnail across, and I have tiny hands :D, and they were really sweet.

Back
Top Bottom