Experimenting with my Bread Machine

cooking-gorilla

Local time
9:17 AM
I love my bread machine. I can't remember buying a loaf of bread since I bought it and having followed lots of recipes from a few cook books, I think I'm ready to branch out and get creative. But I'm scared. Scared of wasting vast quantities of ingredients in failed attempts to create something special. So before I embark on this adventure, has anybody else tried this before and with what success? Any tips much appreciated!

I love my bread machine. I can't remember buying a loaf of bread since I bought it and having followed lots of recipes from a few cook books, I think I'm ready to branch out and get creative. But I'm scared. Scared of wasting vast quantities of ingredients in failed attempts to create something special. So before I embark on this adventure, has anybody else tried this before and with what success? Any tips much appreciated!

I think they are pretty foolproof so I wouldn't worry too much. I do have one but rarely use it as I find it almost as easy to make bread by hand (and I enjoy the touchy feely aspect). Bread in general is much more forgiving than cake, I find. With bread you can open the oven to check if its done without fear of it collapsing, for example. I think @Yorky has been using his bread machine to successfully make pizza dough...

I certainly have. And it has been quite successful.

My next project (whenever that may be) is to use the bread machine to mix the dough and thereafter bake hotdog rolls in the halogen oven.

Any constructive advice would be appreciated! :giggle:

My next project (whenever that may be) is to use the bread machine to mix the dough and thereafter bake hotdog rolls in the halogen oven.

Any constructive advice would be appreciated! :giggle:

Gulp! I wish I could help. I've not moved beyond following other people's recipes!

@morning glory - I've tried a few cake recipes and only found one that works (and tastes nice). Blueberry and walnut. Lovely with custard :)

Back
Top Bottom