Far too much

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
11:03 AM
This evening we went to a place called Grimsby Fisheries, they have a very good reputation regarding their fish and chips so went in for a bite to eat. The portion was not quite what I was expecting and I am sorry to say that a lot of it was wasted because there was too much. I do not like to waste food but this portion was just ridiculous.

DSCN2383.JPG

Now that's what I CALL fish and chips !
PS - Lose the lemon unless it's to hide the taste of some strange type of fish that should be left in the sea - this is fish and chips we're talking here.

I think that long fella should be in a different plate. I still prefer too much as opposed to too little. What's the green on the plate @Lullabelle and what type of fish is that?

I've been to places like that where the portion sized are just ridiculous - and like you said it just ends up as wasted food in a lot of cases! I would rather cheaper prices for a normal portion of food than a bunch of stuff that is the equivalent of able 4 normal meals!

Restaurant portions just keep getting bigger and bigger. My husband and I have started sharing entrees when we go out because we simply can't eat that much food and don't like the idea of wasting the leftovers. Sometimes restaurants frown on sharing plates, but for the most part we've not had a lot of problems doing so.

Wow that is a massive piece of fish. I could never have eaten all that in one sitting and I agree. Stuff like that isn't real great when it is reheated. Its a sin to through away food though. :( If you go back at least next time you will know to get the child size portion. I just can't get over the size of that piece of fish!!

I do not like to waste food but this portion was just ridiculous.

I agree with you that the portion served was utterly ridiculous. Serving too little is bad enough, but this is definitely going overboard the other way. I am usually turned off if I am served more than is necessary, or more than I can eat at the time. Carrying home chips to eat them at another time has not worked out well for me in the past, since the chips did not taste the same way the next day, even when they were warmed up. I guess taking home some of the fish would have been okay as that could be refrigerated and heated up the next morning to use with breakfast. However, you would have had to have a container of some sort or some foil paper in which to put these things. Nowadays, whenever I go out to a lunch or a dinner, I walk with something in which to put anything that I do not use while I am there.

Back
Top Bottom