Recipe Faster than Mac & Cheese pasta

Masticator

Local time
10:41 PM
Ingredients:
- Spaghettini or your fave pasta/whatever you have on hand
- Butter
- Feta cheese, grated

Boil the pasta in salted water until al-dente (or slightly softer, your choice)
While boiling pasta, heat butter (~2-4 Tbs per serving) in a small frying pan over medium to med-high heat
Cook until bubbles subside and continue to brown, perhaps lower heat - but be careful to not blacken/burn
Drain and plate pasta, pour the hot browned butter over the pasta, and grate feta over top (~1/4 to 1/3 C grated per serving)
Serve with a pinch of fresh ground black pepper & perhaps a French baguette or sourdough bread on the side.
Easy & tasty!

Sounds lovely and simple and tasty - it reminds me a little of the simple Italian 'pangrattato' way of serving pasta with olive oil, garlic and toasted breadcrumbs.

Do you really grate feta? The kind I usually have just crumbles.

GF just tried some ricotta salata last week & said she absolutely loved it.
She said it was "spiked" with a bit of horseradish.
I'll have to try to make it sometime.

GF just tried some ricotta salata last week & said she absolutely loved it.
She said it was "spiked" with a bit of horseradish.
I'll have to try to make it sometime.

What kind of dish was that in? Not too sure about that combo. Was she absolutely sure it had horseradish in it?

What kind of dish was that in? Not too sure about that combo. Was she absolutely sure it had horseradish in it?

She said it was long macaroni pasta with the ricotta salata, pulled pork and porcini mushrooms
The dish was named "Maccheroni Calabresi al ferro with Porchetta Ragout"
She did mention it definitely had a hint of horseradish in it..her friends said was the best dish of the evening

Back
Top Bottom