Favorite Breakfast

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
9:19 AM
I just finished eating my favorite breakfast, which is (currently) a poached egg on toast. I like that it's a fast meal, and doesn't take much longer to prepare than instant oatmeal, but is much more satisfying, and feels healthier.

What's your favorite breakfast? Do you save it for special days, or make it everyday?

I love a breakfast of fried eggs, bacon or sausage, sausage gravy and buttermilk biscuits, with some homemade jam or apple butter on the side. It's not healthy in the slightest way, but it just reminds me of Sunday mornings with my grandparents growing up. It never mattered how busy our lives were, we always got together on Sunday morning for breakfast, and when I go home to visit, my dad still makes a big huge breakfast at least one morning when I'm there.

My favorite breakfast is wheatroast and potatoes paired with whatever else I have on hand. I also like smoked salmon on a bagel with creamed cheese, tomatoes, avocado... yum! Either of those with some fresh fruit - if there's actually time for a real breakfast, and I'm good to go for the day.

My favourite breakfast is oatflakes or cream of wheat, along with fried egg with ham or sausage, and some fried plaintain. However, this is not what I would have every day. I would also have my egg boiled at times which could be taken with biscuit and cheese or bread and butter and cheese. I also use oatmeal at times in place of oatflakes or cream of wheat.

Favourite = bacon, fried eggs, black pudding, tomatoes [real ones not the tinned things], mushrooms, hash brown, fried bread, and toast Oh and large mug of fresh black coffee. No way healthy and not for everyday but just magic on a weekend.

Favourite = bacon, fried eggs, black pudding, tomatoes [real ones not the tinned things], mushrooms, hash brown, fried bread, and toast Oh and large mug of fresh black coffee. No way healthy and not for everyday but just magic on a weekend.

:hungry: to everything apart from the coffee, I am a tea girl :coffee:

I've had to think about this one,over the years working in places where full breakfast are produced every day ,top black puddings from the Scottish Islands or dry cured bacon,poached eggs Benedictine ,fruits,cheeses,
one thing that can not be replicated any where else for me is french croissants ,bread, and breakfast pastries made by some one who cares eaten asap with jams and good unsalted butter sat outside in the sun with a top veiw

I love a good Vietnamese breakfast, which is basically spicy crab rice noodles. It's more filling than, say, a continental breakfast, but it is AWESOME.

I find it impossible to eat anything in the mornings, the thought of food turns my stomach for the first few hours after getting up. I just have an earlier lunch instead.

I like for breakfast to be fast and simple yogurt and toast is good or some cerea like rice or oatmeal.

Last month we were on holiday in Thailand, we sat outside every morning for breakfast, sometimes having a freshly made omelette, fresh fruit, meat and cheese, mini pastries whatever we fancied. That was perfect.

Boiled, poached or scrambled eggs for preference, but it's always interesting to try something different. I once had curry for breakfast in Sri Lanka - there were 'western' options, but why not go with the local food?

A gentle warning for anyone visiting Northern Ethiopia or Eritrea: a common breakfast option is an 'egg roll', which is essentially a small omelette inside an Italian-style bread roll. Buyer beware - these often come with a cunningly-concealed whole raw chilli and can give the unwary a bit of a shock first thing in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom