Favorite Celebrity Chef?

lexinonomous

Veteran
Local time
3:12 PM
A Celebrity Chef is simply a kitchen Chef that has become well known to many. I know that at times Celebrity Chef's can be annoying. We all have someone that we dislike and someone love, or maybe even look up to. For various reasons, we might be fond of a particular Chef on television. There may be a Celebrity Chef that you've read about in history books.

Who is your favorite Celebrity Chef and why?
Is there anyone in particular that inspired you to get into cooking?

I have learned some tips watching some famous chefs cook on tv. I think Ludo is sexy but I learned more from Jamie Oliver. I grabbed a book from the shelf because the handsome face of Jamie catched my attention.

I too have to agree with Jamie Oliver. I remember thinking he was cute (I know, I know - not the reason to be picking out a cookbook on those grounds!) but he just seems fun and likeable. His recipes are also achievable, I find - which is an important thing for me as a parent. I can't have recipes a million miles long these days!

We have a local chef called chef Edey I like when I do get to watch his show. He seems an ordinary no frills guy and I like that. On the international scene I saw a guy called Bobby Flay or something like that and he seemed interesting enough.
I am my own quiet Celebrity chef so I give myself the most votes.

For me, this has to be Gordon Ramsey. I know his shows are famous and reputable of him being a big meanie, but if you watch his home series it makes him look like a much more peaceful person. Just to watch him interact with his children makes me realise that maybe his mean persona on his shows may possibly be a ruse. It sounds silly but I like watching him cooking with his family, especially his mother.

@winterybella Bobby Flay used to be alright. Watching his recent shows is now mostly him inviting other people on his show, only to have them cook something and him admitting "defeat" Maybe he cooked all there is! :)

My favorite celebrity chef is Sanjeev Kapoor. His cookery show 'Khana Khazana' was widely popular. He has also written many cookbooks. His recipes are simple to cook and yet delicious.

My favorites are probably Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman and Jamie Oliver. I can't stand Gordon Ramsay, I know some people love him and that's fine but I just can't stomach him at all. I used to like Bobby Flay but like @aquaticneko said his shows are now just him against someone else. I used to love Iron Chef America which Bobby Flay was one of the Iron Chefs and now that show is not on anymore on it seems like it's the only thing he can do and has his own mini-version of it.

Back
Top Bottom