Favorite Condiment

Tara

Veteran
Local time
2:21 PM
Do you have a favorite condiment that you can't live without? Mustard is favorite condiment. I have 5 different flavors of mustard in my refrigerator and pantry. At one time, I had ten different flavors.

I could eat mustard on just about any food. It makes everything taste better. I love it that much!

I have a crush for mayonnaise and have several of them actually opened, including one that is a mix of this with mustard, one with cheese, and another two with chili, one is jalapeño and the other chipotle, different taste.

But I feel that when some food needs "something," adding some mayonnaise makes the trick.

Sweet chili sauce is my go-to condiment. I'll have it with seafood, veggies, chips (or fries if you're American), most savory finger foods... It goes with just about anything!

I was so disappointed when I moved from Australia to the US and I found out they don't offer sweet chili sauce at Subway here. I refuse to eat Subway in the US now because sweet chili is the only sauce I'll eat on a sub.

Mayonaise!! I loved being in Europe because they often serve french fries with mayo instead of ketchup. So bad for you but so yummy.

I guess I will have to add a new one ot the list here. Mine is nutritional yeast flakes! I tend to add them to almost all my meals (except for the homemade indians).
(Nutritional yeast is made from inactive yeast so is even suitable for those who have to have a low yeast diet and it is full of useful nutrients that vegetarians/vegans often miss from their diets)

Ketchup, definitely ketchup. My gawd, I could snack on that stuff plain if I had to. It just goes well with so many foods and it's almost an essential when grilling outdoors. It can also be used as an ingredient- I use it along with mustard and tomatoes and many other things when making a hamburger dip for chips.

I have a favorite sambal or chilli paste from Malaysia and Singapore that's made from shrimp paste, chilli, salt and lime juice. I can eat it with everything!

I also like chutneys and any kind of spicy sauces.

My husband loves ketchup. He ruins all my food with ketchup even breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom