Favorite Movies

Most 50s and 60s WWII movies.

I'm a vet. And yes, I like those WWII War/Military movies, even the comedies like "Father Goose."

Here are some others I like outside that genre ...

Cannery Row
China Town
Near Dark
Million Dollar Baby
Blood Sport
Battle of Britain
Empire of the Sun
Mosquito Squadron
The Thin Red Line

The Thin Red Line
I've not met many people who've even heard of this one, let alone like it. I also have to sound track as well.

We are talking Terrence Malick here! One of my favourite directors - 'Badlands', 'Days of Heaven' and of course 'The Thin Red Line'. A seriously good director -master of the 'voice over'.

I should kick myself! Since I've read everyone of his books at least 5 times, how could I forget the ones which movies were based on? Alistair Maclean!
The Guns of Navarone
Force 10 From Navarone
Ice Station Zebra
Fear is the Key
Bear Island
Where Eagles Dare
Breakheart Pass
When Eight Bells Toll

I've not met many people who've even heard of this one, let alone like it. I also have to sound track as well.

I can't believe that there are 'many' people who have not heard of this movie. It's a good one.

We are talking Terrence Malick here! One of my favourite directors - 'Badlands', 'Days of Heaven' and of course 'The Thin Red Line'. A seriously good director -master of the 'voice over'.

:happy:

Not a favourite per se but could be of interest to those who lived through the sixties yet can't remember them.

All My Loving.jpg

I love Noir films and I can watch them at any time, Anyway here is a partial list.

Chicago Syndicate (1955)

Behind Green Lights (1946)

Maltese Flacon (1941)

Parole Inc. (1948)

Time Table (1956)

Johnny O'clock (1947)

Shield for Murder (1954)

He Walked by Night (1948)

Detour (1945)

D.O.A. (1950)

Kansas City Confidential (1952)

plus a many, many more.

I saw "Catch 22" in a fillum theatre back in the 70s after reading the book for the first time. I didn't reckon it was anywhere near as entertaining as the book (which I've read another 1½ times since (I inadvertaintly left it on an aeroplane)) but I thought I'd give it another go now I've matured slightly.

Vertigo.
Got to love Hitchcock and Bernard Herman's (sp?) music. Kim Novak is easy on the eyes, you can't help but laugh every time Jimmy Stewart looks at her he gulps. Lol

Not many:

Life of Brian
Ronin
The Long Good Friday
Leon, The Professional
The Blues Brothers
Cadillac Records
Dances with Wolves
Rainman
African Queen
The Killing Fields
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
The Great Escape

I didn't think that there were many until I started to recall them.

[Edit: added one from 1968 - "If" with Malcolm McDowell]

Tatonka. Dances with Weaves was one of my favorites too.

Last edited:
"10 Rillington Place" was very good. And very scarey in its day!

terrified-smiley.png

Back
Top Bottom