Favorite Pickled Products?

image.jpg

Man I'd love to try that pie. And I love piccalilli as well. We have a similar product here called chow chow. Great with a corned beef sammy.

Russ

And then there's this, of course.....

mango chutney s.jpg

Gherkins are my idea of heaven. I have found a brand called Cowboy Pickles and they are addictive!

I also love picked carrots and sauerkraut.

Thanks for pickled eggs via sat Nav. I've never heard of them. I just bought a jar of mango chutney as well. And date and tamarind chutney. We have s great Asian store not far from me.

Russ

Thanks for pickled eggs via sat Nav. I've never heard of them. I just bought a jar of mango chutney as well. And date and tamarind chutney. We have s great Asian store not far from me.

Russ

Pickled eggs, along with pickled hot sausages and pickled pigs feet are still found in some bars/pubs. Especially in the South.

I love pickled pigs feet. My wife prefers them Polish style, packed in jelly.

Ok, so, I LOVE all things pickled. I guess I should make a list.
Cukes
Onions
Beets
Tomatoes
Carrots
Celery
Radishes
Jalapenos
Pepperoncini
Banana peppers
Mushrooms
Herbs and pepper mignonette
Gardiniere salad
Chow Chow, Amish style
Japanese Oshinko
Herring
Rollmopse
Mackerel
Pork butt
Chicken feet
Corned beef brisket
Beef eye round roast (New England style)
Eggs, either plain, with beet juice, or with mustard seed

Hmm, I'll think of more.

Indian pickles do the job around here, particularly lime and garlic. It's not uncommon for the kitchen cupboards to house several different makes of lime or garlic pickle. Presently, there are three rival lime pickles and at one stage, we had four jars of garlic pickle from different makers. I'm not averse to a bit of mixed, chilli or mango pickle, either. I'm not so keen on brinjal, although I wouldn't throw it out if someone gave me a jar.

Back
Top Bottom