Recipe Fiery Stuffed Poblanos

I think we are a bit backward in the UK when it comes to peppers/chilli's. ("chilli" or "chili"?) Labelling in supermarkets seldom extends beyond "pepper", "sweet pepper", "mixed chilli's". At the market I can get Scotch bonnets, birds eyes and jalapeños, but that's about it. I do have some dried anchos, but I've no idea why.

I agree regarding supermarkets. In fact its only quite recently that jalapenos appeared I think. But I was looking at the Devon Chilli Farm - one of the UK's foremost chilli growers. No sign of poblanos but plenty of other types.

I'd heard it was almost impossible to get really hot fresh chillies such as Scotch Bonnet in Australia. Maybe its easier in NZ?

My wife's the chilly expert, we have every type available, the worlds hottest as well, I germinate them, she does the rest. Story of my life really,lmao. I make the hot chilly sauce with these.

Russ

The world of chillies she just informed me, in the uk. Wow, I didn't know that. They come in sealed packets.

Russ

So she gets the seeds from the Uk? :happy: I just looked it up - its just down the road from me in Hastings! https://www.worldofchillies.com

Strangely - I can't find a search facility on their website so I don't know if they stock Poblanos. I will call them... I suspect they won't.

Success! I found the poblano seeds listed under Anchos - will order some seeds tomorrow. Thanks @rascal's wife! Note the prohibited countries on the right of this screenshot!

Screen Shot 2019-03-15 at 22.45.07.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom