Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Taste

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

classic33

Legendary Member
Local time
3:53 PM
Going from the answer I gave on another thread, I thought I'd ask which which made the greater first impression on you, when you were given something new to try. Sight, smell or taste?

Expand on why if possible, good or bad.

For me, first impressions depend on location. If I am in someone's home, or my own then my first impression of a good meal is by smell. But if I was in a restaurant where it is hard to always get a good smell of your individual dish, then it would be sight. But there is a however to that as well because Indian restaurants (or any country that uses a lot of spices and herbs) can also smell wonderful as you walk passed or into them, and then it would also be smell. So I have answered smell because my OH often says as he walks through the door that his evening meal (and mine for that matter!) smells really good etc.

I'd go with smell in general. But in the case of oysters (probably my favourite food) it is the taste - although you can't really taste anything without smell.

I go for all ,sometimes rustic tasty food presents poorly ,smell gives anticipation,and taste is the winner

Back
Top Bottom