Fishless Tuna

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
9:21 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
@morning glory, if I recall correctly you were looking for some vegan or vegetarian tuna.

I have found some and tried it.

CarolinesFishlessTuna.jpg

Now if you are after something that looks like tuna and makes flakes like tuna, then you have it. If tuna tastes like tvp in that has been cooked in the tiniest amount of veg stock and oil then I suspect we could solve a lot of the world's food problems. Somehow though, I suspect it does not (my chickens love tuna btw) and this was distinctly uninspiring. I had purchased it in the hope of finding a replacement for my favourite braised tofu, my hunt continues and when I want tvp or soya chunks/mince, I'll get the bag out and use the real thing. It was also rather expensive at AUD $9.80!

???? No it's not tuna - will never be - can never be and just isn't. A bit tired of this 'meat free meat' lies. We who do eat meat don't pretend steak is carrots so why do vegetarians [and more likely advertisers] feel the need to call something made from vegetables/plant extracts/nuts etc meat [or fish] ?
If you are vegetarian [or vegan] then that's fine but after all if we are to pretend that something is what it isn't then we might as well just eat reconstituted plastic waste with added flavourings and nutrients. We have all been campaigning for accurate and honest labelling but seem to be happy with downright lies. This is 'Stuff that looks like tuna' but it is NOT tuna, fishless [ ! ] or otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom