Five People Lost their lives in Submersible near sunken Titanic!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
5:39 PM
Today has been a tragic day after it was discovered & learned that the five occupants in a submersible have died after a catastrophic implosion of the vehicle near the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean!! Details are sketchy at this point & an investigation is underway as to how this had happened. They were going there to view the sunken Titanic which had sank in 1912 after hitting an iceberg. I'm told that these five people were on their way to the wrecked ship when this tragic event took place. Seems to me, like that area has been cursed ever since the Titanic had hit an iceberg & sunk in that spot!! :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
The cost of each dive was $250,000.

That is the charge per person for the trip. It seems this vessel didn't have recognised safety certification. There are many questions surrounding the subject of space/deep sea tourism.

This case captured the public imagination because we can all identify with the horror of being trapped in a sealed container in the dark, with no escape and oxygen running out. Its worth remembering that many people are dying every day in tragic circumstances which barely make the news.

That is the charge per person for the trip. It seems this vessel didn't have recognised safety certification. There are many questions surrounding the subject of space/deep sea tourism.

This case captured the public imagination because we can all identify with the horror of being trapped in a sealed container in the dark, with no escape and oxygen running out. Its worth remembering that many people are dying every day in tragic circumstances which barely make the news.

Interviewing the head guy he flippantly said there are famous explorers remembered for the wrong decisions made. He was trying to circumvate safety certification.

Russ

Its worth remembering that many people are dying every day in tragic circumstances which barely make the news.
But of course, the Titan trip is not about this. It's about people who take risks wanting more risks.More challenges.More adrenalin rush. And in big business, that's what makes or breaks.
People who have made fortunes, because they have astute business minds, or because they recognised an opportunity in the right place at the right time, or because they inherited vast amounts, or because they were corrupt, generally have one thing in common;
They are not afraid to take risks. The bigger the risk, the bigger the challenge, the better.
Many times they are successful, because they buck the trend. Sometimes, they fail.

But of course, the Titan trip is not about this. It's about people who take risks wanting more risks.More challenges.More adrenalin rush. And in big business, that's what makes or breaks.
People who have made fortunes, because they have astute business minds, or because they recognised an opportunity in the right place at the right time, or because they inherited vast amounts, or because they were corrupt, generally have one thing in common;
They are not afraid to take risks. The bigger the risk, the bigger the challenge, the better.
Many times they are successful, because they buck the trend. Sometimes, they fail.

Risk is exactly that. I borrowed 10k in 91 and started my company . Although a risk, I backed myself. My life wasn't at risk. As you say, they knew the risk , although the son I feel sorry for.
R.i.p

Russ

I would not have gone on that dangerous trip for all the tea in China!!! Knowing what I know now, it's been said that there were many things wrong with the thing. Kind of reminds me of the ill-fated NASA Challenger & Columbia flights!! The crew died in space, both going & then coming back!! :eek: :eek:

A political point now. The British government pledged and sent much naval resource to search for a couple of their billionaire chums lost on a sightseeing trip. Meanwhile the Home Secretary believes that the RNLI should not be pulling drowning refugees out of the English Channel.
Money and being at the right drinks parties matters apparently.

It would seem that the Titanic has come back in the news after this tragic event has occurred!! People are talking & the conversations have been restarted. This sad news about the five people in the submersible seemed to have no chance, as their lives were taken from them!! It is said that the 19-y-o son of one of the men was very skeptical about going on the trip. He figured that it was dangerous & at first, he did not want to go. I think that his dad had convinced him to go. Had he not gone, he would've still been alive right now!! YouTube is once again flooded with clips on both the Titanic & the submersible that was used for the last & most recent trip!! :eek: :eek:

Last edited:
It would seem that the Titanic has come back in the news after this tragic event has occurred!! People are talking & the conversations have been restarted. This sad news about the five people in the submersible seemed to have no chance, as their lives were taken from them!! It is said that the 19-y-o son of one of the men was very skeptical about going on the trip. He figured that it was dangerous & at first, he did not want to go. I think that his dad had convinced him to go. Had he not gone, he would've still been alive right now!! YouTube is once again flooded with clips on both the Titanic & the submersible that was used for the last & most recent trip!! :eek: :eek:
His aunt said the boy was terrified of going but did it to please his father.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom