Recipe Fluffy Bread Rolls

I don't think it is the oven. They spread out instead of up and weren't touching other bread, so more surface area was exposed to direct heat.

I don't think it is the oven. They spread out instead of up and weren't touching other bread, so more surface area was exposed to direct heat.

Good thinking! So you need some sort of tray to contain them as you said @Yorky and then line them up with the long edges close so that when they prove the long edges are touching. Like in the video.

Last edited:
I just got done putting together a recipe for these. Since I don't always have the scale handy, I measured ingredients out as I weighed them this time so thought I would post the amounts for those in the U.S. and for those that might not have a scale.

3-3/8 cups (450 g) (16 oz) strong white flour
200 ml (7 fl oz) lukewarm water
1 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp (25 g) (1 oz) butter, melted
2 eggs
2 tsp (7 g) dried yeast
1-1/2 tsp (9 g) salt (apparently salt is heavier than yeast because I measured twice)

I still whipped up the egg white with a bit of water, which means you have to add a little more flour. I also added about another tablespoon of butter since @morning glory mentioned about adding some oil.

I'm going to make slider type buns this time. Will post a pic later.

2018-06-11 17.26.16.jpg
Made in a 9x9 pan.

2018-06-11 17.23.47.jpg

I just got done putting together a recipe for these. Since I don't always have the scale handy, I measured ingredients out as I weighed them this time so thought I would post the amounts for those in the U.S. and for those that might not have a scale.

3-3/8 cups (450 g) (16 oz) strong white flour
200 ml (7 fl oz) lukewarm water
1 tsp sugar
2 Tbsp (25 g) (1 oz) butter, melted
2 eggs
2 tsp (7 g) dried yeast
1-1/2 tsp (9 g) salt (apparently salt is heavier than yeast because I measured twice)

I still whipped up the egg white with a bit of water, which means you have to add a little more flour. I also added about another tablespoon of butter since @morning glory mentioned about adding some oil.

I'm going to make slider type buns this time. Will post a pic later.

I added a link to this post in the top-post. Thanks!

Ummm, out of the oven and we split one while we wait for rest to cool some.

I omitted the butter and used 3 Tbsp olive oil, was being lazy and didn't want to mess with melting the butter. I also skipped separating the eggs and whipping the whites, same reason. Doesn't seem to have made much of a change, except I can detect just a hint of the olive oil taste. I was being REALLY lazy today and eyeballed the salt and the olive oil.

Last edited:
View attachment 40238
I omitted the butter and used 3 Tbsp olive oil, was being lazy and didn't want to mess with melting the butter. I also skipped separating the eggs and whipping the whites, same reason. Doesn't seem to have made much of a change, except I can detect just a hint of the olive oil taste. I was being REALLY lazy today and eyeballed the salt and the olive oil.

Looks DELISH!!!!:wink:

View attachment 40238

To me that's perfection in baking rolls. I'd be all over them as they come out the oven. Lashings of butter.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom