Food for All Hallow's Day

Well I've just had five different groups of children trick or treating this evening. Perhaps something to do with the pumpkin hanging on the outside light and small skeleton hanging on the door. My wife and I have had my pumpkin soup for tea so all is good. My wife tells me I enjoy Halloween more than the kids, and I suppose she is right. It must be a hangover from when our three girls were youngsters.

Oh-Kay, my friend at the other end of the street started out with 470 pieces of candy. She swears she gave only one to each little beggar - and ran out just before the trick-or-treat time was over. 470! :eek: If you count every man, woman, child, and pet in each house on our street, you wouldn't come near to 470 with only 30 houses. We had more than that, but Hubby let the kids pick...and I saw more than one take more than one piece. Thank goodness Juliet got an accurate count!

Last year was a great Halloween. We left the house shortly after noon. By the time the first little beggars came around, we were already into New Jersey. BwaHaHa! Who got tricked last year?

Back
Top Bottom