Food in your bag (or pocket)

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:15 PM
I can't be the only person to have done this (can I?). You go to a restaurant, they give you 'After Eight Mints' (or something else) as a little gift, with the bill. You think 'save that for later' and pop it into your handbag or pocket. Two days later...

fullsizeoutput_3e76.jpeg

Chocolate, no, no way in you know where! Wrapped peppermints, yes, but at least they don't make too much of a mess.

I suck on curiously strong mints, started when I stopped smoking. 12 years ago. Always a bag in the car, first thing the grandys go for when hopping in the car.

Russ

The silver bag pictured above is a 'bum bag' which straps around the waist so its small - yet you would be surprised how much can be crammed into it...

NOTHING surprises me what women get in their bags. I've never gone in my wife's bag, ever, to me it's private, but things she has in there. Screwdrivers, torch, scissors and all sorts.

Russ

She sounds eminently sensible to me. :)
Lol, she is not mechanically minded, but she knows I am, I can fix stuff so I suppose she tries to have stuff at hand.
She doesn't cook and doesn't know temperatures etc. she's not thick just knows I take care of things. She has a high profile job at Christchurchs best school. She has the upmost respect from her coworkers and the boys at the school.

Russ

Very few meals here out do not end with a doggy bag, which usually ends up in my wife's handbag, wrapped in several layers of paper napkin. Occasionally, I get the "You are NOT putting THAT in my Mulberry!" message when something noxious is involved.

The only thing they give you here with the bill, is a pen and a tray to sign your credit card. Years ago, there used to be mints or hard candies in a jar where you pay the bill. The mints tasted like chalk, and the hard candies were awful. Over the years, they discontinued same. I've tucked a Fortune Cookie in my purse, to save for later on, but they are wrapped in plastic.

We get mints or little chocolates now and again with the bill, but, as @Karen W wrote, that is few and far between. More likely, there will be a bowl of wrapped peppermints on the host/hostess stand so you can take 1 or 2 if you want as you leave.

I don't go to nice enough restaurants to get mints....ketchup packs yes...mints no, but my bag sports a few disposable spoons and knifes from going thru a drive thru...my bank gives out cookies tho...i might partake if they have peanut butter or oatmeal ones but they get eaten right away..

I don't go to nice enough restaurants to get mints....ketchup packs yes...mints no, but my bag sports a few disposable spoons and knifes from going thru a drive thru...my bank gives out cookies tho...i might partake if they have peanut butter or oatmeal ones but they get eaten right away..

The restaurant I went to which gave us After Eight Chocolate Mints was a basic Indian restaurant - cheap and good. I guess its different here. The higher end restaurants tend not to give you things will the bill!

Back
Top Bottom