Food waste

Very little waste here too. I rarely peel vegetables and use grated lemon, lime and orange peel in baking Stale bread is rare, but I do have bag of bits in the freezer either to make breadcrumbs from or a bread pudding. Egg shells go in the dog or the compost. Any leftover cooked food is either put in the fridge for the next day or frozen, or it goes in the dog. Green leafy vegetables that are just starting to go yellow can usually be rescued by blanching them; otherwise they go in the stock pot. Plain biscuits can usually be rescued by putting in the oven to crisp them up again, and stale cake (as if there is any :roflmao:) can be used in desserts. I do have a compost bin in the garden but most of what goes in that is from the garden; very little is from food waste.
So you turn your waste into fertilizer with help from the food disposer. He puts the scraps in one end and a few hours later fertilizer comes out the other end.

So you turn your waste into fertilizer with help from the food disposer. He puts the scraps in one end and a few hours later fertilizer comes out the other end.
I wouldn't use what comes out of him as fertiliser - I put it in a bin bag and give it to the local Council as a present along with any other rubbish :D

I wouldn't use what comes out of him as fertiliser - I put it in a bin bag and give it to the local Council as a present along with any other rubbish :D
Love that you turn your food waste into presents. :D
My food disposer unit has taken to making incense.

Talking of wastage, there is something that has reached epidemic proportions here and is annoying for many reasons.

A lot of kids round these parts buy soft drinks in bottles, drink a small part of it and then fling the container away, a process that seems to involve rubbish bins only rarely.

Like crime in a multi-storey car park, this is wrong on so many levels.

We plan our meals for the week and buy accordingly and we put as much into the compost bin, egg shells peelings etc as we can so there is virtually no waste.

Back
Top Bottom