Food you have never eaten but would like to try

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:46 PM
As a food lover, unless you are so rich that you can eat anywhere in the world or have ingredients flown to you, I'm sure there must be food you have never had the opportunity to eat but would like to try. It could be a particular dish or an ingredient. So what is that dish or ingredient you want to try?

One of mine is sea urchin. I know I'd love it. Obtainable around these shores but I can't find a source - and not available on-line. :mad:

None I can think of. Now if I was rich, I could eat prime steak rare every night.

Turducken is one that I'd love to try! :wink:
Ah! the bird inside the bird. I've actually made that! Its a bit overrated I think. The problem is that yuu lose the distinct tastes of each bird and it sort of melds into a general 'bird' taste. But it could be the way I cooked it. :D

Last edited:
Are you saying you have eaten every dish and every ingredient you want to try? :unsure:
I said I couldn't think of anything at the moment.
I really can't think of any foods I hadn't tried that I would eat. Except maybe eggplant and artichokes but I can get them. And there is no reason why I can't make any food in the world. So that let's out travel.

Dublin bay prawns, mud crabs, razor clams, poulet de bresse, Russian salo, biltong, hmm, give me a minute. I can think of more.

Ah! the bird inside the bird. I've actually made that! Its a bit overrated I think. The problem is that yuu lose the distinct tastes of each bird and it sort of melds into a general 'bird' taste. But it could be the way I cooked it. :D

I would not do a whole turkey. That is definitely out! :headshake: I'd do a small rolled up one. just to see what it is like. :wink:

Fugu, elk, gooseneck barnacles, jamon iberico, raccoon, squirrel, cuy, ostrich eggs..

More to come.

Back
Top Bottom