Foods to Ward Off Sickness

Sincé you should not be prancing around a kitchen, ask your Mrs. to pick you up:

Sustainable Knorr Gluten free, Sugar Free and GMO free chicken or vegetable soup .. They come in a small carton of just 2 servings ..

Heat in saucepan or Micro wave in a bowl or large ceramic mug ..

G goes to the doctor when he has a cold and wants antibiotics. He does not get them because they do not work on a Virus.
This is much more than a cold: it's unusual when I eat a total of 1 bagel over the course of 2 days because of stomach pains and body aches, and I barely have the strength to get out of bed. But. I'm told, that is not the flu. With so many things that aren't the flu, I'm starting to wonder what the flu actually is...

We missed Christmas Eve at Mom's because G had similar symptoms. He left after Christmas dinner to go to his hunting camp (still feeling bad). Within 24 hours everyone in the camp was sick. Some of the guys brought the virus home to their families. G has a new name "Typhoid George". Moral of the story - stay home! A VERY nasty, contagious virus.

G was sick for a week after he returned from his camp. The only thing G could keep down was soup. I made a point of bringing him a cup of soup every couple of hours. Lots of water, juice and herb tea. The Doctor did tell him not to take Imodium. It blocks the bowels but the virus stays in the body. Plain old Pepto Bismal is better. The virus binds to it and is expelled. Unfortunately G can not take Pepto - he is on Coumadin and Pepto has aspirin properties. So if you can not take aspirin do not take Pepto. The Pharmacist suggested activated charcoal capsules. I was skeptical but it really helped

Feel better soon.

@The Late Night Gourmet

To my knowledge, nobody here is a legal Medical Doctor ..

My best advice is go for a blood test: to check blood pressure, cholesterol level and sugar level .. and urine test ..

You have something with the description given in your last post ..

You are also a Chef and tasting food is your job, and alot of things, you have tasted, besides using a grand selection of ingredients that are "not sustainable" could have triggered your feeling this way.. ( Deep fried foods for example or unusual ingredients or GMOs ) ..

I am sure you have something food related and the symptoms are like the " flu " and hit the weak points of one´s body, not the strong ..

Do not play guessing games. Go get a blood and urine test !!!

This shall show what is mal-functioning ..

@ElizabethB

Confused ?

I had given a view from experiences of a wide variety of staff, and family members.

No one has the "flu" or a low immune or what we call "battery collapse" in the same place. The complaints are not nasal or sore throat .. They are stomach related ..

Could be nasal and fever, cough from nasal & build up of phelm, a sore throat & fever and / or stomach issues and aches in body ..

However, if Late Night Gourmet has a blood and urine test, he shall know within a short period medically, what his issues are ..

Last edited:
I am rather late to this so @The Late Night Gourmet I hope you are now better.

I am now on my second cold of the year and I find that when poorly all I want to do is eat, it is almost as though my body is craving as much energy as possible to fight the germs. I don't want anything spicy just comforting.

My immune system is most likely quite low despite eating reasonably healthily, I have never smoked, haven't had an alcoholic drink for a couple of weeks, I need a healthy dose of sunshine which isn't going to happen for a while.

I think sometimes we neglect our health because we are busy with work/family etc..until 1 day our body forces us to listen and slow down.

I am rather late to this so @The Late Night Gourmet I hope you are now better.

I am now on my second cold of the year and I find that when poorly all I want to do is eat, it is almost as though my body is craving as much energy as possible to fight the germs. I don't want anything spicy just comforting.

My immune system is most likely quite low despite eating reasonably healthily, I have never smoked, haven't had an alcoholic drink for a couple of weeks, I need a healthy dose of sunshine which isn't going to happen for a while.

I think sometimes we neglect our health because we are busy with work/family etc..until 1 day our body forces us to listen and slow down.
I've had a rotten cold since Christmas. It nearly goes, and then the weather changes and it's back again. The water leak I had at home meant the house was damp for a couple of weeks - upstairs because of the actual leak (from the water tank in the airing cupboard) and downstairs because of constant washing and drying of clothes, towels and bedding in the kitchen. I felt fine a couple of weeks or so ago, but then it became cold and wet and the cold turned into a full blown chest infection. I feel as though I've got no energy whatsoever, and even going to the corner shop (about 100 yds) made me feel exhausted. I've spent the last couple of weeks snuggled up on the sofa, watching TV or reading, eating soupy food and dairy, and drinking lots of chocolate.

I've had a rotten cold since Christmas. It nearly goes, and then the weather changes and it's back again. The water leak I had at home meant the house was damp for a couple of weeks - upstairs because of the actual leak (from the water tank in the airing cupboard) and downstairs because of constant washing and drying of clothes, towels and bedding in the kitchen. I felt fine a couple of weeks or so ago, but then it became cold and wet and the cold turned into a full blown chest infection. I feel as though I've got no energy whatsoever, and even going to the corner shop (about 100 yds) made me feel exhausted. I've spent the last couple of weeks snuggled up on the sofa, watching TV or reading, eating soupy food and dairy, and drinking lots of chocolate.

I hope you get better soon. Hopefully we are now coming out of all that cold weather and into Spring. Lots of ginger is supposed to be good for chest infections. I've no idea if its true!

Back
Top Bottom