Fresh Shrooms

CraigC

Guru
Local time
6:46 AM
I happened to be in the area of a market that usually has different mushrooms, among other things, you won't find in most grocery stores. I stopped and picked up a few items. Now we have to figure something to use these beauties in.

36788-albums322-picture7277.jpg

I also grabbed some Heirloom tomatoes, fire and ice radishes, edible flowers and micro arugula.

36788-albums322-picture7276.jpg

We've never had these radishes, flowers or micro greens before. Me thinks some experimentation is in order.:scratchhead:

I happened to be in the area of a market that usually has different mushrooms, among other things, you won't find in most grocery stores. I stopped and picked up a few items. Now we have to figure something to use these beauties in.

36788-albums322-picture7277.jpg

I also grabbed some Heirloom tomatoes, fire and ice radishes, edible flowers and micro arugula.

36788-albums322-picture7276.jpg

We've never had these radishes, flowers or micro greens before. Me thinks some experimentation is in order.:scratchhead:

Fantastic looking produce. You are getting all chefy with those micro herbs and edible flowers!

From reading about them, they are supposed to be milder and sweeter than regular radishes.

Who needs a mild radish? I've found that radishes lose their peppery kick the longer they sit after harvest, so all radishes eventually become mild.

Sweet might be nice, though.

Nice haul, Craigsy. I don't recognize the yellow capped 'shrooms. What kind are those?

Who needs a mild radish? I've found that radishes lose their peppery kick the longer they sit after harvest, so all radishes eventually become mild.

Sweet might be nice, though.

Nice haul, Craigsy. I don't recognize the yellow capped 'shrooms. What kind are those?

Baby yellow oysters.

Back
Top Bottom