1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon chile seasoning powder, such as Tajin
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Pinch fresh ground pepper
1 tablespoon finely grated manchego cheese

Pickled Red Onions:
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
3/4 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano (preferably Mexican)
1/4 tablespoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Pinch dried red pepper flakes
2 whole cloves
1 bay leaf
1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced

Tamarind Vinaigrette:
1 cup tamarind puree
2 tablespoons red wine or sherry vinegar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Directions
  • Using a saute pan, preheat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Trim the ends of the Brussels sprouts and split in half from top to bottom. When the oil just begins to smoke, carefully add the halved Brussels sprouts to the pan. Saute until they are slightly crispy and brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
  • Remove the Brussels sprouts from the pan and let them drain for about 3 minutes on a dry paper towel.
  • In a mixing bowl, place the fried sprouts, frisee, Pickled Red Onion, parsley leaves and radishes and toss. Add the cranberries, crumbled pork rind and Tamarind Vinaigrette. Toss well. Season with the cilantro leaves, seasoning, salt and pepper. Toss again.
  • Arrange the salad in a long oval salad bowl. Bring the cilantro leaves to the top of the salad.Garnish with the manchego cheese grated over the salad.
Pickled Red Onions:
  • Combine the vinegar, 1/4 cup water, the sugar, oregano, salt, black pepper, pepper flakes, cloves and bay leaf in a heavy medium saucepan and set it over medium-high heat. Bring the mixture to a boil, and then add the onion slices, separating them into individual rings. Let the mixture come back to a boil, and then reduce the heat and cook until the onions soften and wilt, 3 to 4 minutes.
  • Remove the saucepan from the heat, cover and let the mixture cool completely. Transfer the onions and their pickling liquid to a quart-size glass jar or divide among plastic containers. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks. Makes about 1 cup.

Tamarind Vinaigrette:
  • Add the puree, vinegar and salt to a metal bowl. Slowly whisk in the oil. Makes about 1 3/4 cup.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aaron-sanchez/fried-brussels-sprout-salad-recipe.html

Brussel Sprouts are my all time favorite vegetables. I could eat them every day. I am so glad you posted this recipe. I can't wait to give it a try. I like the sound of the pickles red onion and the Tamarind Vinaigrette. With the all the other ingredients it would have a lot of taste. Have you ever tried this salad?

This looks really good. Brussels Sprouts were one of those veggies I hated as a kid, but I've grown to really enjoy as an adult. I think, like with most things, it all comes down to the preparation. They can be delicious or disastrous depending what you do with them! :)

Brussel Sprouts are my all time favorite vegetables. I could eat them every day. I am so glad you posted this recipe. I can't wait to give it a try. I like the sound of the pickles red onion and the Tamarind Vinaigrette. With the all the other ingredients it would have a lot of taste. Have you ever tried this salad?
Never tried it, but as it'll soon be the time of year for them, I thought a few odd recipes for them might help.

I have had them fried, with onions and liver though.

Reactions: L_B
Back
Top Bottom