Frustrated

ElizabethB

Guru
Local time
3:58 PM
Everyone who eats my cooking says i am an amazing cook. I always tell them about this wonderful forum and encourage them to at least visit. I am talking about family, friends and acquaintances. Some are also very good home cooks or at least interested in learning how to become a better cook. I do not understand why they will not take a few minutes to at least visit the site. I talk about this site so much that my family rolls their eyes at me. What? Why? They benefit from the knowledge and experience that I gained from all of you.
Exasperating
I love you all and truly appreciate this site. Keep doing all of the good things you do. I will continue annoying people trying to get them to visit.

ElizabethB - first off, thank you for all that love and support directed toward us! :)

Secondly, I've sometimes felt in the same boat. I really enjoy cooking. A lot. Yes, there are some days (a few) where I can't be bothered, and some days where work and home life get in the way, but usually, I'm thinking about cooking.

I've also been exasperated by some friends and family members. Not the ones who don't really show an interest, but the ones who do profess to be interested, ask questions, want me to show them how to do this or that, or help them with a menu plan, but then just sort of drift away before anything comes to fruition. I just don't get it sometimes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh well, to each their own. If I want cooking interaction, I know where to find that...here!

That’s so sweet from you ElizabethB , thank you 😊
I’m in the same boat, but maybe even a bit worst because of English language. Many people are a bit afraid of English language and I am stunned by how they don’t take the chance to enjoy improving/learning it better by having fun at same time by sharing/learning different cooking experiences/cultures as I do. And sometimes is also laziness, better to have someone that is already “in” and enjoy the final result. I think that this has no flag.

Back
Top Bottom