Recipe Garlic soup

Duck59

Guru
Local time
12:53 AM
Website
duckholiday.com
There are myriad ways of making garlic soup. You can use as much garlic as you like, you can fry or roast the garlic before you set about the soup or you can simply chop a wagonload of garlic and dump it straight into the pot. You've also got the option of any vegetable you fancy to go alongside it.

A personal preference would be to overload on the garlic. My local fruit and veg man sells pleasingly large bulbs of garlic and the cloves tend towards the giant, so I find this makes life a little easier.

My basic garlic soup:

Heat a little olive oil, into which you can deposit the chopped garlic (a little onion is a nice choice or even better, some leek)
You can use some form of stock if you like, but I prefer not to. Another option is to sprinkle some chilli or hot pepper powder into the mix. Lentils are another possibility if you want something thicker.
That's about it. Just keep boiling gently until you've got the texture you want.

How much garlic? Up to you. I'd go for a minimum of 30 cloves.

The medieval "sopa de ajo" ( garlic soup ), a well known classic tradition in Spain is a simple récipe prepared with garlic cloves, day old bread, stock of vegetables or chicken, an egg, 2 choricero dried red peppers ( for color, they are not spicy ) and Spanish smoked paprika and salt ..

I will post up the récipe and its history however, I am not a grand fan ..

Back
Top Bottom