GBBO 2017

Lullabelle

Midlands, England
Local time
6:15 AM
Well, that was the first episode. What do you think? The standard was really high, a couple of real crackers just not sure about Prue, she is a highly respected lady in her field but she doesn't have Mary's warmth or twinkle in her eye. I like Sandi but the jury is still out regarding Noel.

If the contestants are this good so early then the rest of the series should be quite something.

Don't spoil it for me! I've recorded it to watch tomorrow... but I always like Noel from Mighty Boosh days. Some folks here won't have a clue what we are on about!

We watched it tonight and enjoyed it. The standard of contestants seems to be higher than ever but the format seems much the same.

Some folks here won't have a clue what we are on about!

You've certainly lost me.

question emoji.jpg

The Great British Bake Off.

It reached cult status on the BBC and had audiences topping 13 million viewers in 2016. Mary Berry and Paul Hollywod were the two judges. The show has now moved to Channel 4 and Mary Berry (who has almost achieved a sainthood) announced she would be leaving the show along with the two presenters. Prue Leith another veteran figure in the cookery world has replaced her. There has been a lot of discussion in the media about whether the new series will be as good as the original...

The show has become a significant part of British culture and is credited with reinvigorating interest in baking throughout the United Kingdom. Many of its participants, including winners, have gone on to start a career based on bakery.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_British_Bake_Off

I did Google it after I posted but being somewhat inept at even making and cooking a pizza base, I thought it was above my pay grade.

I still haven't watched it, but seeing as I didn't like Mel and Sue, and preferred Paul to Mary.....
Ditto. I saw it last night and enjoyed it. Its very little changed - theme music the same and format the same. I much prefer Sandy and Noel as presenters and I prefer Prue to Saint Mary.

The standard of the show stopper cakes was very high! I already have two people I earmarked as the potential winners. You could maybe watch it on 'catch-up'?

Ditto. I saw it last night and enjoyed it. Its very little changed - theme music the same and format the same. I much prefer Sandy and Noel as presenters and I prefer Prue to Saint Mary.

The standard of the show stopper cakes was very high! I already have two people I earmarked as the potential winners. You could maybe watch it on 'catch-up'?
I did watch it eventually at about 1 a.m. this morning, but was a bit too tired to concentrate on it properly. I shall watch it again. I agree with you about the presenters. I rather like Sandy and Prue, but don't really know Noel. And of course, what can we say about Paul :D:wink:

I did watch it eventually at about 1 a.m. this morning, but was a bit too tired to concentrate on it properly. I shall watch it again. I agree with you about the presenters. I rather like Sandy and Prue, but don't really know Noel. And of course, what can we say about Paul :D:wink:
I know Noel from The Mighty Boosh. I like his gentle style of comedy with innuendo. I saw Paul cooking live on a little stand at the BBC Good Food Festival before he became really famous. I had seen him on TV before so I knew who he was. I was among the 3 or 4 people who were standing watching him. Nowadays you would need to book tickets to see him! I always thought he was a dishy though.

Back
Top Bottom